Opeth headlining UK's Hammerfest

Oct 20, 2005
UK
I didn't really want to make a thread for this but it doesn't really fit into the European tour 08 thread.

Metal Hammer are delighted to announce that Opeth are to headline next year’s Hammerfest alongside the already announced Bullet For My Valentine.

“The UK got Opeth before everyone else. With this line-up, we’ll never do a bad show,” says Mi. “The level of our performance is so high now that even if we suck, it will still be a good show!”

Opeth join a stellar bill that also includes Saxon, Hammerfall, Skindred, Cathedral, Alestorm, Grand Magus, Sabbat, TYR, Exit Ten, Annotations Of An Autopsy, Trigger The Bloodshed and Dream Evil with plenty more metal heavyweights set to join the bill.

Weekend tickets are available right now and include two night’s accommodation, entrance to all six arenas plus free car parking. Get your tickets early as part of our early bird scheme and you can get your tickets at an extremely wallet-friendly £80 per head, based on a group of six people sharing a six-berth apartment.

http://hammerfest.co.uk/

I just hope I can get in for this as it's strictly over 18's only. I've just turned 17, I'm going to have to get a fake ID!

I didn't really want to make a thread for this but it doesn't really fit into the European tour 08 thread.

http://hammerfest.co.uk/

I just hope I can get in for this as it's strictly over 18's only. I've just turned 17, I'm going to have to get a fake ID!

Ha, I'm in the same situation, but the tickets are about £200-300 which is way too much for me, I'm just going to hope Opeth play somewhere else as well while they are in England, or hope they play at Bloodstock or Wacken :worship:

Well apart from Cathedral and Opeth (and Saxon) that looks like complete shit. plus its at a holiday park, Pontins or whatever. £200 a ticket isn't worth it for shit bands at the metal hammer(so that automatically means 0 credibility) butlins bring your wife and kids metalfest.

dude y are bullet for my fucking valentine headlining with opeth?

apoligies for desecrating this thread with there name.

i hope opeth play sum more uk dates cos i missed them at shepards bush

Well apart from Cathedral and Opeth (and Saxon) that looks like complete shit. plus its at a holiday park, Pontins or whatever. £200 a ticket isn't worth it for shit bands at the metal hammer(so that automatically means 0 credibility) butlins bring your wife and kids metalfest.

I agree that most of the bands there are crap, but if under 18's aren't allowed in I fail to see the validity of the last statement.
Although surely an 18+ limit means they have prevented all of bfmv's fans attending so they might as well just drop them from the bill :D

Is anyone thinking of going to this? I'm desperate to see Opeth again but I've got no one to go with. Has anyone got a spare place in their group and would be willing to let me join? Or if a few people want to go we could try and get a group of 6 people together, it would only cost £89 each in the budget accommodation. Well that's if people don't mind sharing with a 17 year old.