Happy 10.000, Rahvin!

10 000 posts (actually 10 0005 now :eek: ). I stand amazed. Awstruck. Admiring. Astonished. Asservative. Allegorical. Arched. Archaelogical. Arithmetical. Aquatic. Aseptic. Arrant. Arterial. Avid. Autonomous. Avaricious. Abrasive. Acidulous.

So yeah, congrats! :D

I just had the dictionary on my desk when I started writing this, looked a word up and got a bit carried away... mind you, alliterations are always appreciated in a text of quality, or so my swedish teacher tells me
maybe I shouldn't trust her, though... :loco:

@northern: your words of praise leave me bewildered. broken. beaten. bespectacled. balanced. berated. brewed. bemoaned. butchered. bipolar. bristling. blithe. blossomed. boar-headed. branded. bankrupted. by-passed. and bow-legged.

Reactions: hyena
NL said:
10 000 posts (actually 10 0005 now )
Mmm.. call me a closed-minded skeptic prick, but I don't believe he managed to post 99 005 times from the time the thread was made to the time you replied : p

NL said:
I stand amazed. Awstruck. Admiring. Astonished. Asservative. Allegorical. Arched. Archaelogical. Arithmetical. Aquatic. Aseptic. Arrant. Arterial. Avid. Autonomous. Avaricious. Abrasive. Acidulous.
rahvin said:
@northern: your words of praise leave me bewildered. broken. beaten. bespectacled. balanced. berated. brewed. bemoaned. butchered. bipolar. bristling. blithe. blossomed. boar-headed. branded. bankrupted. by-passed. and bow-legged.
The Official Prick of English Grammar and Spelling..

• ..will just pretend he saw an 'e' in 'Awestruck'.
  • ..would like to know what 'asservative' is. Perhaps a futile attempt at 'acervative', or maybe 'assertive'.
  • ..wonders what it feels like to be 'aquatic', 'arithmetical', or 'arterial'
  • ..grieves for the pretermitted commas, whose places in the above statements were raffishly given to unfitting periods.
  • ..is utterly disgusted by the way rahvin exhaustively contradicted himself in his use of adjectives.

Mahahahhaha : p

MagSec4 said:
grieves for the pretermitted commas, whose places in the above statements were raffishly given to unfitting periods.
this is a matter of personal taste, not grammar. assuming the pause between each adjective is longer than a token value prescribed for commas, it's perfectly ok to use a different punctuation. in fact you can even use periods mid-sentence if it is to represent how the whole thing would sound in a speech. because. it's very. subjective. :p

is utterly disgusted by the way rahvin exhaustively contradicted himself in his use of adjectives.
i wish i were in a position to prove to you how i can be all those things at the same time. the boar-headed/bow-legged combination would be especially pleasant to the eye. ;)

rahvin said:
i wish i were in a position to prove to you how i can be all those things at the same time.
Ah.. but you're not. And by the semantics alone, it is impossible to concurrently be 'blithe' and 'bemoaned'
wink.gif

rahvin said:
the boar-headed/bow-legged combination would be especially pleasant to the eye. ;)
Oh indeed.
If you could show us a picture of this that'd be grand.

EDIT:
CoT said:
Aaaahhh! There's two of them! :eek:
"Aaaahhh! There are two of them!"

..The Official Prick of English Grammar and Spelling continues his rampage, unmercifully whipping Child of Time across the back for his grammar-lacking insolent intermission :heh:

MagSec4 said:
Mmm.. call me a closed-minded skeptic prick,
Closed-minded skeptic prick! Who are you to doubt the man's abilities like that?
[*]..will just pretend he saw an 'e' in 'Awestruck'.
When typing quickly, it's only natural that some letters are omitted by mistake. However, I do apologise for forgetting that oh so important 'e', without which the earth would lose its balance and fall through space. I have learned my lesson, I will not let it happen again. Now I'll just have to learn how to live with the guilt.
[*]..would like to know what 'asservative' is. Perhaps a futile attempt at 'acervative', or maybe 'assertive'.
You are thoroughly wrong, lawn-mower man. I was trying to make an adjective out of a verb, 'asseverate'. I see my error now, I should have studied the dictionary more closely. Again, I apologise for trying to be a wee bit creative.
[*]..wonders what it feels like to be 'aquatic', 'arithmetical', or 'arterial'
You won't know until you try it, will you? ;)
[*]..grieves for the pretermitted commas, whose places in the above statements were raffishly given to unfitting periods.
I will here refer to what rahvin said ;)

:p

NL said:
Closed-minded skeptic prick! Who are you to doubt the man's abilities like that?
How dare you call me that?!
When typing quickly, it's only natural that some letters are omitted by mistake.
What?! No it's nt! And how dare you bring nature into ths?!
However, I do apologise for forgetting that oh so important 'e', without which the earth would lose its balance and fall through space. I have learned my lesson, I will not let it happen again. Now I'll just have to learn how to live with the guilt.
Good!!
You are thoroughly wrong, lawn-mower man.
Why I never..!! :O
I was trying to make an adjective out of a verb, 'asseverate'. I see my error now, I should have studied the dictionary more closely. Again, I apologise for trying to be a wee bit creative.
unaccepted!! >(
You won't know until you try it, will you?
Tell me not what I should or should not do! you.. you.. vile Swede.
I will here refer to what rahvin said
Cheater! where's your wee bit creativeness now ah?!

The Official Prick of English Grammar and Spelling does not need this aggravation! He's all pissed now! He goes apeshit and throws bottles and books at the windows and rams through flipping over chairs and tables. He starts hopping on the walls and runs back to whip Child of Time across the back again for the hell of it. ..then jumps out the window screaming.

__

I've been defined as highly aquatic when forced to swim in trouble. So i should be an authority on the matter. As a consequence, I urge you all not to be aquatic. Ever. It's a waste of time.

mmm..
well, I still think the only instances in which that adjective would be in order are things like comparisons between, say, a whale and a bear. (2 mammals, one of which is aquatic : p )

...Hey, hyena! They've called you a whale the whole time you didn't get it! : D

(kidding of course )

:lol: well, last night i called an American friend of mine a cow because she was trying to say "musica", the italian version of "music", and a "moo" sound came out of her mouth while trying to reproduce the italian "u"... so I guess it's just fair... :lol: