Hapy New Year!

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
All,

this time of year I normally write a little something so I figured I would do that again this year.
2012 sure was a different year for us, somewhat in hiatus but also having a lot to deal with. Stefan has worked his way into the band incredibly well, Tommy went on a world tour with Kamelot, Johan had a baby and I think I have made a decent enough comeback after my tenure in the States and we managed to sneak in a gig in Norway and a little tour in Italy too -not to mention us having written some prog-goodies. Good to be back!

So the most important topic now is of course "what now?". You bet it is! Well, first let me say this:
-2013 will be an exciting year, for it *will* be a year of a new studio release from Seventh Wonder. We are well under way! We have more or less seven songs written, out of which four are very well arranged and demoed and only one that is still not properly worked through. We also have two more things in the pipeline to dive into come January and February. Our hope is to finish the demoing of the tracks this spring and then give Tommy ample time to work on the vocal arrangements following that. We will not rush that phase this time as we have before, but we hope this will make for a better product in the end. Then it is just the small matter of the recording, mixing and mastering but in all honesty we can't say anything about that yet, so we will have to get back to you on that one.

We also have a few leads on a couple of gigs for 2013 although nothing has been finalized. I will say though that the album will be the main focus this year and we want to give you something that was well worth the extended wait.

I think we are in for a real treat in terms of this new release and I really like what I am hearing which is a good thing, don't you think?! I think it will clearly be the same melodic overdose it usually is so rest assured we won't be totally switching gears here, although we do work in a slightly different manner this time but all for the best I think, with possibly the only drawback I can see would be a little slower schedule.

Anyway, thank you all for sticking by us through a couple of slower years, we hope that you give us the chance to change that and tag along as we pick up the pace and dive head first into 2013.

God bless you guys out there, and as I hear the rockets firing up outside as we draw closer to midnight I think it would also be appopriate with a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to all of you from all of us.

See you all in 2013!

Seventh Wonder, through Andreas Blomqvist

Happy new year Andreas and co!

You guys make albums which last longer than one listen, so I´m not bored yet or losing interest. We are all really excited about everything!

Will there be any chance to see studio-updates/logs? I'm sure it's fun to watch you guys work your magic.

Have a nice one SW! :kickass:

Happy new year guys! :D

I agree about the studio blogs/videos, I love behind the scenes stuff.

I have a gut feeling that this is going to be your best album yet. It seems like you are all in a great place in your lives right now, and i believe that will come through on the record. Happy new year, I hope 2013 turns into all you wanted and more!

Thanx Andreas, happy new year to you and your families. We will be longing for the new record, so keep us updated! :)

Happy New Years! Was blasting through The Great Escape into the new year. >:)

Happy New Year to you too, Andreas, as well as all of the Seventh Wonder guys (and everyone else reading). Your upcoming release is by far my most-anticipated CD for 2013, as I'd list The Great Escape as probably the best CD I own. By anyone. And that's with about 1200 other CDs as competition, mostly progmetal, lots of classic rock. To say I'm excited about the follow-up is an understatement. :)

Take your time, don't rush, have FUN, and we'll look forward to it with bated breath.

Craig