Just a little 'hello'....

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
Hey y'all!

Yesterday was a great rehearsal and not only cuz we finished a new track and were off to a flying start on yet another one, but also because it was the first time Tommy was back in the studio for a while.

It was a great, creative and positive atmosphere as we finished a track by me, started one by Kyrt and Stefan played us a demo of some exciting stuff he was working on. With the addition of these three tracks (although only one is really completed, but still) we are really making good progress with the new album and we have amassed a lot of great new material.

You know, it is a funny ride, to be part of the making of a Seventh Wonder album because you never really know where it'll take you. I hear lots of familiar stuff, but also I hear us exploring some previously uncharted territories, mostly in terms of moods and feels -which is something I think is a great thing. I personally feel that on the track Great Escape we allowed ourselves to strecth our legs, figurativey speaking, and try some new extremes in various directions and I believe there will be more of that on this new release.

We have to take care and not to rush things. We owe it to Stefan, and we owe it to Tommy -but most of all we owe it to you out there. I know it has been a long wait and I know we still have a aways to go but I really believe it will make for a better album in the end.

If you have some thoughts or ideas on what you would like to hear more of on this next album, now is the time to speak. We always stay true to our hearts and do what we feel like but it is sometimes great with a little outside spark to set something off -so please, fire away.

Thank you all for sticking with us. I hope we can try to take on the new year with great enthusiasm going forward and keep on this cool ride together.

Cheers!

//AB

Great news! I really like the band style, but i´d like to hear a more hard rock melodic stuff since I´d love to listen to tommy´s voice in a more hard-AOR vibe.
Hope to hear the new album soon... all the best from Argentina! Cheers.

Awesome news! Good to hear you're making progress :)
Take your time making the new album, if you're happy with it i'm sure we will be!
As for what i would like to see on the new album besides the usal SW-Madness, it would have to be some Grand Piano solos.
I love keyboard solos as well, but piano solos can be something entirely different to the table.
Oh! And of course i hope another epic (noun) will make the album ;)

Waow guys! Great news! I'm so burnt out on your old songs because I have listened to them to much so this is really nice to hear, you are all a big inspiration to me. With the latest album your are on the same level as Dream Theater in my book, and I am a big Dream Theater fan.
What I am hoping for on the new record is:
* A bit heavier songs. I hope that you progress like DT and play heavier and heavier music with every record (which you have done so far)
* More of those AWESOME vocal harmonies and choruses. This is one of the things that makes you stand out from the other progressive metal acts out there today. You almost always have a catchy chorus with a lot of harmonies and background choir.
* I would love to see a song where the focus are on the keys, and not the guitar or bass (Lets face it, he plays a bit more of the supporting role than the lead). Let Kyrt do his thing, flashy solos all over the place.

But the most important thing is that you play the music you like and would like to listen to, don't try to play something you are not comfortable with even if a lot of your fans request it. If you record an album that is half as good as TGE I will be super happy, really.

Good Luck guys! Make sure to record a lot of the process so us fans can get an insight in your minds =)

Thanks for the update, Andreas!
It's so great to read that things regarding the new album are shaping up (more than) nicely. Also, it must have been a special feeling being in the rehearsal room with Tommy again.

Familiar stuff but also some new territories, that is really something to look forward to.
I can imagine, as a musician you want to keep it fresh, not only for the fans but (especially) for yourself as well! Of course, that certain 'Seventh Wonder sound' should remain (you don't want to estrange the fans) but new moods, directions and/from new influences are indeed very important.

The ride will be cool and wonderful for sure!

Andreas, thanks a lot for this update!

I'd like you guys just to stay just the way you are. I mean, you have always tried different things and that's what makes you who you are.

I have always loved the intricate way of Johnny's drumming style. You know, not the easy way, but still groovy. Stefan told us he would give us heavier stuff, which I really like to go along with some heavier guitar sound. But still, I hope it doesn't lose the depth that makes me want to hear the songs a thousand times.
As a guitar player, I really think Johan deserves a bigger guitar sound for his solo's. Think JP's "Breaking All Illusions" solo BIG!
Offcourse Tommy with his perfectionism when it comes to the backing vocals. You can listen to songs just focusing on them and you'll know you got something special right there.

And YES, Kyrt needs a grand piano solo of some kind. I know he can pull it off. And some Great Escape-like orchestration would be welcome.

And last but not least, some Andreas solo's like only Andreas can do. I mean, it's uncomparable. I know Franck Hermanny can do sweeps and such, but the musicality in Andreas' bass playing is phenominal.

That's it :devil:

Thanks for giving such a detailed update! I love hearing that the trends set by The Great Escape (track), an absolutely perfect song, will continue into the future of the band.

I can only think of two desires for the new album:

1) As Minoin stated, solos solos solos. Majestic guitars, grandiose pianos, thrilling drums, and DAT BASS.

2) ANOTHER EPIC. You guys proved to be GODS with TGE. The concept, the moods, the musicality, the storytelling, etc- all wrapped into one complete song?!? Mind blowing. Of course this translated full well into multiple songs with the Mercy Falls concept, but hot damn do I love popping in one massive track and repeating it over. And over. And over. In fact, according to last.fm, NINETY SEVEN TIMES. So good...

I hear lots of familiar stuff, but also I hear us exploring some previously uncharted territories, mostly in terms of moods and feels -which is something I think is a great thing. I personally feel that on the track Great Escape we allowed ourselves to strecth our legs, figurativey speaking, and try some new extremes in various directions and I believe there will be more of that on this new release.
I would be thrilled with any new Seventh Wonder album, but every time we get an update on it it just seems like it's exactly what I'd want to hear. I think The Great Escape (song) took you to lots of new territories and would love to see you doing the same again, or see some of the types of mood in TGE revisited or explored further (e.g. the darker atmosphere found in The Aftermath).

Would also love to see some even heavier stuff than in the past. Not necessarily for the whole album to be heavier as I love the current sound, but to see how you guys sound on a significantly heavier song would be really interesting, and I think Stefan would be good for it.

And in general, you guys have done the story based concept album and big, multi-part epic title track, and I'd love to see you keep ding similarly ambitious things. Perhaps another diverse multi-part song or another "epic" or two (presumably not one as long as TGE, although if for some reason you felt like you wanted to do another 30 minute song that would obviously be fine with me). And although I love Tommy's vocals, I wouldn't be against hearing some big instrumental sections that have a couple of different sectionns or multiple solos in them - the instrumental in Break The Silence is one of my favourite parts. And needless to say more of the same great guitar, bass, keyboard / piano solos, plus perhaps some drum fills - and don't be afraid to go even bigger with the solos! I don't think you're the type of band to fall into the trap of too much technical stuff without melody.

And piano or accoustic guitar ballads with Tommy singing never seem to go amiss either.

Good luck with the new album. Can't wait to hear it and hope it will be some time in 2013. But the most important part is it's up to the standard you guys want it.

Thank you so much for the update, Andreas! So great to hear, the new album is making progress. I know it's going to be amazing!

You guys have hinted before that it might get a bit heavier, which sounds awesome to me! :) While I LOVE TGE and it's my favorite album of Seventh Wonder, I sometimes felt it had a tiny bit too many slower songs. Which is not a problem at all, especially since it had not that many songs on it. ;)

Oh and one thing that I ABSOLUTELY want - Jenny singing. Don't forget to invite her - okay? :p

Sounds extremely awesome and I can't wait! Just listened to The Great Escape and then I see this awesome post! lol

I enjoy all the music you guys put out, but there is one thing I would like to mention that may spark an idea. I really enjoy the track "Tears for a Father" because of the emotive lyrics, powerful singing, and great backing acoustic guitar, but it always erked me that it was so short. I understand that the song is used as a segue but it would've been cool to hear a longer version. So basically what I'm saying is I'd like to hear a proggy acoustic style song on the new album, but a bit longer as a full song and not just as a segue. I think that would sound awesome from you guys.

That's just my humble opinion. I'm really excited!

Hi Andreas,

Man, just keep it melodic...that's all i'm asking. You guys have some of the best melodies ever. I see some bands moving away from that and it makes me sad. :(

Hi Andreas,

Great to hear you are working on a new album.

I would love to hear SW explore sonic extremes: some heavier songs and one or two quiet songs (like Tears for a Father/Long Way Home etc). I also love it when uptempo songs have quiet parts in them like the "Tell us a story of oceans and skies" part of Wiseman.

Of course, I would also love there to be an epic concept. This could be in lots of short songs like Mercy Falls or one longer song like the Great Escape.

I'm sure whatever you do will be amazing.

Hi Mr. Andreas,
You can't imagine how happy I am you are making a new album. I know you guys since I was 8 when waiting in the wings came out and I loved you. All credit goes to my father which was listening to you :) I grew up with you and I learned a lot of things from you. Although, I didn't have the chance to see you live as much as I have to beg my parents to go to Sweden and see you (don't understand what they mean by too far...) I LOVE all of you. All that I can ask and those things have already been asked are solos, solos and solos I love the sound you make when you are soloing. And I love when at some songs everybody stops playing and Tommy hits an amazing note with that one of a kind voice. Also, if you can please invite Jenny because I absolutely love her voice.
But whatever makes you happy makes me happy. You have done better than I could of imagined and I could of asked and thank you for these amazing 6 years and I hope that we can have many many more together
P.S. Dang I've used the word love in this post more than I have in my entire life. But seriously you guys are amazing!!!!!!!

Good to hear you again Bass Maestro.

My only advice (I already told you before) is "surprise yourself and ourselves". Don't be afraid to dare. Just keep your wonderful melodies and go on.

Please don't go the way Dream Theater does. Playing heavier and heavier is not always the right thing to do.

Oh, one last thing, I want long songs, I will not accept a record less than 70 minutes ahahah :Smokin:

Dear Andreas,

Here are a few of my thoughts:

• From a recording standpoint, I'd like the recording to be closer to the "wet" sound of WITW or MF. TGE sounds awesome but borders on being a little too dry.

Johnny played lots of double bass but knew when to show restraint...I hope Stefan will do the same. Too much double bass is kind of a cliche when it comes to this genre, and I'm hoping SW can avoid that.

It would be great if Jenny participated again. Her voice is wonderful and blends with Tommy's on a supernatural level.

I agree with others on keeping the bass solos. You are the best!

As for the heaviness, the three previous albums were just right. I wouldn't go heavier just for the sake of going heavier (also related to my double bass comment above).

Final request...many of us would jump at the chance to buy extra material, whether it be studio video footage, hi-res versions, etc. Just something to keep in mind as you record.

Thank you for this update and I joint the rest here in expressing my utmost excitement for the new album.

P.S. By the way, unrelated to the new album, in an earlier thread a couple of months ago I mentioned that the streaming of MF on Rhapsody was corrupted by many random snippets of other songs and sound effects. Even though I've purchased all the CDs (which is how I discovered the problem), I decided to check Rhapsody yesterday to see if the issue had been fixed, but sadly, it's still the same. Is this something the record label controls, or does the band have any way to address this? I'm afraid some potential fans could be turned off by the altered songs, and all of us here want SW to gain as much success as possible.

Do what you do best, and I know we'll be happy. Longer piece is good, as The Great Escape is my favorite song and album. A few more solos and Tommy exercising his lower range a bit would please me, and be sure and include another "catchy" song like Alley Cat to snag the non-metal fringe.

This is my 3rd try to get this message posted, so it is abbreviated. Seventh Wonder has lifted my world. Bring on more!

The only suggestions I have for the band are:

1. Challenge yourselves
2. Take all the time you need to write an album you are proud of
3. Most of all, have fun :)

Can't wait to hear the new material. Here's hoping we get another single in advance of the album :D

Thank you for your work and music!

I'm waiting for your new albom and listening and listening to your released alboms this nighttime.

My ideas are not so original:
1) more progressive, more "math"
2) I'd love your new melodic things, maybe ballads
3) I expect for such texts from SW, that I'd enjoy to cite... I love your texts, and I can't wait to enjoy your new ones. I hope they'll be closely connected with misic.

P.S. sorry for my bad english... =(