Tommy joins Kamelot: official statements!

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Tommy's statement:

Hi everyone!

It is not a secret that I have been in close contact with the Kamelot crew for some time now. I played with them on Progpower 2010 and I joined them on the european part of the tour in the spring of 2011. I learned a lot from this experience and had a great time together with the guys. Of course musically it is a bit different from the SW style but to me, that is also what makes it interesting and challenging. Over the past months I have come to love the music and the vibe of the band and when I finally and officially was asked to join as the singer and full blown member of Kamelot I was very happy and gladly accepted! This is something I am really proud of and something I am looking forward to making my own. However I do want to say this... and this is very important to me...
I will not leave Seventh Wonder!
The SW guys and all of you fantastic and supportive fans out there will not get rid of me so easily!
I love you all and you are the reason I got to where I am today! We are already working on some stuff for the next SW album and really can`t wait to show it to you all!

Yours truly,
Tommy Karevik.

Seventh Wonder's statement:

We are very happy for Tommy and for this great opportunity for him to reach an even greater audience with his amazing voice and talent. We understand that this will affect Seventh Wonder in some way, but we are dead set on continuing on our path as we have before and we feel confident that we will be able to honor the expectations of our fans and at the same time not impede Tommy in his duties towards Kamelot. Hopefully this will lead to positive things for both Kamelot and Seventh Wonder fans alike.

-Andreas, Johan, Kyrrt, Stefan.

Cool news! So does this make them "Karelot" now? :D
Kidding but best of luck to Tommy and I'll be checking them out from time to time and hope to purchase their new material when the time comes.

I've just read that Tommy was in Kamelot now. Doesn't surprise me that somebody with such an amazing voice is offered a bigger job... It didn't please me for Seventh Wonder because I do prefer Seventh Wonder very much and am not especially fond of Kamelot, but I'm glad that Tommy isn't leaving SW... Yet, I wonder how he'll manage to do both, really. Kamelot are a pretty active band .... means that Seventh Wonder is going to keep on being only occasionnally playing live. It's such a pity because I prefer them to Kamelot.
Yet, I never cared much for Roy Khan and that's a reason why I didn't listen to Kamelot very much, so there's a chance I'll like Kamelot much better with Tommy in the band.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SO SAD......... I'M AFRAID HE WOULD LEAVE SW SOONER OR LATER

*ME CRYING*

Ok uh, ma'am? Either way there's nothing to worry about until there's something to worry about or something. Bah I tried... :err:

Yeah, I'm scared too. It's great that he gets this opportunity, but....but I just don't see how he can stay in Seventh Wonder for the long term. Didn't two of Kamelots members have to leave their other bands so they could focus on Kamelot only? This is almost like hearing Russell Allen is the new singer for Megadeth or something. I feel like I died a little bit inside.

Yeah, I'm scared too. It's great that he gets this opportunity, but....but I just don't see how he can stay in Seventh Wonder for the long term. Didn't two of Kamelots members have to leave their other bands so they could focus on Kamelot only? This is almost like hearing Russell Allen is the new singer for Megadeth or something. I feel like I died a little bit inside.

No, they didn't. Or well, I don't know which band members you mean. Casey plays in the Jeremy Thomas band (and also does countless studio guest parts for friends like Jeff Scott Soto) and Oliver is very active with his own band Sons Of Seasons, along with all his producer/composing jobs. It's all a matter of planning.

I agree - Oliver left Doro. But Doro and Kamelot are bands of the same size (at least here in Germany). I can imagine no one would bend for the other (just my speculation) so it's impossible to do both long term.

I don't think the Symphony X/Megadeth comparison has any value here. As much as I love Seventh Wonder... :worship:

How about Symphony X/Mob Rules? When you look at the huge MR tour at the moment... he can handle that really well. and when I see how much fun he has with the Mob, THIS is going to be a real band, not just a project.

No, they didn't. Or well, I don't know which band members you mean. Casey plays in the Jeremy Thomas band (and also does countless studio guest parts for friends like Jeff Scott Soto) and Oliver is very active with his own band Sons Of Seasons, along with all his producer/composing jobs. It's all a matter of planning.

I agree - Oliver left Doro. But Doro and Kamelot are bands of the same size (at least here in Germany). I can imagine no one would bend for the other (just my speculation) so it's impossible to do both long term.

I don't think the Symphony X/Megadeth comparison has any value here. As much as I love Seventh Wonder... :worship:

How about Symphony X/Mob Rules? When you look at the huge MR tour at the moment... he can handle that really well. and when I see how much fun he has with the Mob, THIS is going to be a real band, not just a project.

So are you saying you think he'll have to quit one sometime down the road?

And I think I'm just really nervous for no reason, and that's why I make strange comparisons, because...I love Seventh Wonder too! I didn't take into consideration other band members from other bands who do projects and whatnot and are able to make them work.

I just want more music from Seventh Wonder!!!!:headbang:

So are you saying you think he'll have to quit one sometime down the road?

I must admit, I tried to say exactly the opposite with my post...

If SW was as big as Kamelot then yes, but since this is not the case - no.

I just want more music from Seventh Wonder!!!!:headbang:

Wel, they said they are already working on the new album, so we just have to be a bit patient. :loco:

And a new wave of people listening to Seventh Wonder for the first time has officially begun.

Looking forward to the new stuff and hopefully seeing them live on the NA Tour. But I'm glad to know you're still sticking with SW :D

"I will not leave SEVENTH WONDER! The SEVENTH WONDER guys and all of you fantastic and supportive fans out there will not get rid of me so easily! I love you all and you are the reason I got to where I am today! We are already working on some stuff for the next SEVENTH WONDER album and really can't wait to show it to you all!"

Well Frank? :D