Tommy joins Kamelot: official statements!

"I will not leave SEVENTH WONDER! The SEVENTH WONDER guys and all of you fantastic and supportive fans out there will not get rid of me so easily! I love you all and you are the reason I got to where I am today! We are already working on some stuff for the next SEVENTH WONDER album and really can't wait to show it to you all!"

Well Frank? :D

NOT unless *Tommaso Sanguegiovane* push him to :cry:

Tommaso Sanguegiovane is the leader of Kamelot...... he's a good musician and songwriter.... anyway, should he force Tommy-now-I'm-more-handsome-and-famous-than-before-Karevik to leave SW, I couldn't but punch him on the nose.

LOL

Sorry :p

Tommaso Sanguegiovane is the leader of Kamelot....

I have no idea who Tommaso Sanguegiovane is... but hes not the leader of Kamelot. Thomas Youngblood is. I am a hardcore Kamelot fan... I Just started listening to SW after Tommy joined, until then I had no idea who he was.

It was disappointing when fans heard the legendary Roy Khan was leaving Kamelot. However Tommy's vocal talent is amazing... he delivers the Kamelot sound, and that's what the fans want back. I am really glad that Kamelot chose to stick to there opera style lead instead of turning to a pop rock singer like Nightwish.

First of all: welcome to the Forum, toby2650 :wave: !!

Second: Frankgate is from Italy and his (hilarious) humor is not for everyone to comprehend lately :heh: :
*Tommaso Sanguegiovane*
Tommaso = Thomas
Sangue = blood
giovane = young

See what he did there...!

Third:
...However Tommy's vocal talent is amazing....
There's no denial in that and most of the SW fans are happy that more and more are getting aware of that :headbang: !!

I think Frankgate had invented a nickname for Thomas... right? :p

I am really glad that Kamelot chose to stick to there opera style lead instead of turning to a pop rock singer like Nightwish.

That depends... I think the cool thing is that Tommy can sing all kinds of styles. In a recent interview he joked that Seventh Wonder plays 'Prog Pop'. :loco:

I can't wait to hear how he sounds with Kamelot. I'm sure it will be a lot different than with Seventh Wonder.

Edit: Thank you Kazar for explaining the nickname. I could not figure it out so far! Haha!

it seems that Kamelot has already written the songs for the new album, so of course Tommy didn't contribute. Hope next time there'll be room for his songwriting

it seems that Kamelot has already written the songs for the new album, so of course Tommy didn't contribute...

Please don't make any assumptions when you don't really know what has been going on in the Kamelot-camp in the last couple of months.

From Tommy's biography on the Kamelot site:"... We kept contact throughout the whole process of auditioning singers, and I sent some demos of new material their way…When I finally was asked if I wanted to be the singer in the band I was very happy and gladly accepted the offer!...".

Perhaps some of Tommy's ideas were used on the new album, perhaps not...
Let's wait and see before drawing any conclusions.

A quote from the news section of Oliver's personal website (www.palotai.de):

"Tommy played already a couple of live shows with the band, and worked with Oliver in the Palosphere Studios in Southern Germany on the new record."

They don't record down here, but in the north (in Wolfsburg), so this was not for recroding, but maybe writing (lyrics, vocal lines - who knows?). I'm sure we get new input when the album is out and/or it will be a subject for questions in interviews.

Please don't make any assumptions when you don't really know what has been going on in the Kamelot-camp in the last couple of months.

From Tommy's biography on the Kamelot site:"... We kept contact throughout the whole process of auditioning singers, and I sent some demos of new material their way…When I finally was asked if I wanted to be the singer in the band I was very happy and gladly accepted the offer!...".

Kazar you're getting a little fascist in my opinion

It looks like you're too much into that 'moderator' thing. I really don't like the way the forum's going, so i'd better leave

Kazar you're getting a little fascist in my opinion

It looks like you're too much into that 'moderator' thing. I really don't like the way the forum's going, so i'd better leave

Oh come on guys! You starting to sound like an old couple who's been married to each other for too long. :D

Ok, seriously, I personally really cant wait the new Kamelot-album(s). Tommy has such a great voice and I'm sure he'll put up a great effort to next album no matter if he participates the songwriting or not!

@sirclansman, I already asked for a divorce.

@Frankgate
First of all, that's a very strange comparison (I'm being polite now).

Second, I'm sorry that you feel that way regarding the forum.
As a moderator, it is my job to keep the forum 'clean' and 'respectful'.

This, Frankgate
Thums up for old fans, thumbs down for the newer ones
LOL
Thums up for old fans, thumbs up for the newer ones

Fixed.
:lol:

don't agree sorry :)

was very disrespectful towards all Kamelot fans who watched the 'Alley Cat' video after Tommy was announced as the new singer.
New fans are always welcome and your "don't agree, sorry" completely exceeded your big "LOL" in the initial post.

I guess you're (also) upset because I said "Please don't make any assumptions when you don't really know what has been going on in the Kamelot-camp in the last couple of months".
I said "Please...."
You're very quick to take offence, that's for sure.

If you'd like to leave....
The final decision will be yours, and yours alone.