New Tommy Karevik (audio) interview

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Tommy did a nice interview with 'Metal Global'.

To give you an idea about the content:
After the first two songs ('Seventh Wonder - Star of David' and 'Kamelot - Silverthorn') the first part of the interview starts.

Subjects are: getting to know the Kamelot guys, about still being a firefighter (!) and the inspiration for 'Song for Jolee'.

Next song: 'Kamelot - Song For Jolee'.

After that, the second part of the interview starts.
Subjects are: the difference between the Kamelot/SW vocal approach, the new Kamelot live DVD, pranks and stage preparations, the new SW album... ;-) (!) and finally, Tommy's Kamelot Festival and tourshirt.

Closing song is 'Seventh Wonder - Move On Through'!

You can check out the interview here:
http://www.rtp.pt/play/p652/e106759/metal-global

^ Thanks hun. :D That was a nice interview, a few atypical questions to mix things up is always nice.

...Speaking of which, Xandra (assuming you pop in and see this:p), you run the German Kamelot fanclub right? Are you all planning to snag Tommy anytime to do one of those little interviews you did with the other guys a while back? I really liked those. :)

Yes, great interview, thank you so much for sharing!

@BaraHime: I want to get a normal interview up first, but I really hope I can do one of those one day. Doing that interview series was lots of fun and it feels incomplete as it is. ;)

^ Good to hear. :D Yeah I really liked those because they asked some non-Kamelot questions too. It's nice to get to know some random fun facts about the guys. Even if the result is that my poor little chibi Casey has since been often drawn fleeing from an alligator. :lol: I wish I could find where I stashed all my old drawings. :( I lost my backup disk for my adobe set so I haven't been able to reinstall photoshop to color all my new Tommy chibi, and I can't find the old prints of the drawings of the other guys. :( I hope I manage to discover them before they get back up here on tour, I was hoping to get the guys to sign them. Just maybe not the alligator one. :lol:

Waitwait, Xandra, how long have you been following Kamelot and SW? And how did you feel when Tommy was announced as frontman, having already been a fan of him (I presume)? I think I envy you that feeling. D_D

Interesting to hear him speak about his job as a firefighter. Can't get enough of this fabulous man. Haha. He's my ideal man. I mean, he's everything I want to be.

Uhm... Kamelot 5 years, SW 2 years. And I felt incredibly relieved, since he was always my first choice. I'm just glad he's still in SW, because it would have been horrible if he'd left. :dopey:

Yeah, I can imagine. I hope he's able to cope with it and sing for both bands for a number of years and not get burnt out.

I was thinking about posting my interview here on the forum for a while, but I didn't want to open a new topic. I honestly don't want Kamelot to take over this forum. So maybe I should post the link here. ;)

It is a Kamelot interview with Tommy, but to tell the truth - there is much more SW material in there than I had originally planned on. Point is that Seventh Wonder is such a huge part of Tommy's life - it's impossible to not talk about it. :tickled:

So - here's the link:
http://www.kamelotgermany.de/site/t...nterview-with-kamelot-germany-english-version

Thanks for the interview (and the link), Xandra! Well done!