Hardest Metal band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when I was in high school I was always looking for the heaviest most brutal bands. Nowadays I could give a shit. I like some really heavy bands but I mostly just listen to metal bands who have good songwriting, atmosphere and riffs. How fast and heavy the band is really doesn't interest me anymore. Same with how skilled or technical they are. Those things are no longer relevant to me.

Back when I was in high school I was always looking for the heaviest most brutal bands. Nowadays I could give a shit. I like some really heavy bands but I mostly just listen to metal bands who have good songwriting, atmosphere and riffs. How fast and heavy the band is really doesn't interest me anymore. Same with how skilled or technical they are. Those things are no longer relevant to me.

I can agree, I just listen to whatever appeals to me.

I lost that first impression when I got into extreme metal over a few years ago, the one where I belived that such music that was too brutal for my ears actually existed. Now, there really isn't anything that stands out in that regard and I really miss that overwhelming feeling. I remember years ago when I first listened to Morbid Angel and thought they were heavy, only to hear Nile right after and be blown away by how much heavier they were. Now, I really can't tell the difference between bands, its just music to me and nothing to me is "heavy."

I can agree, I just listen to whatever appeals to me.

I lost that first impression when I got into extreme metal over a few years ago, the one where I belived that such music that was too brutal for my ears actually existed. Now, there really isn't anything that stands out in that regard and I really miss that overwhelming feeling. I remember years ago when I first listened to Morbid Angel and thought they were heavy, only to hear Nile right after and be blown away by how much heavier they were. Now, I really can't tell the difference between bands, its just music to me and nothing to me is "heavy."

Yeah I know what you mean. I remember the first time I heard Marduk and I was like "Holy fucking shit!!!" Now it's just casual listening to me. What really pumps me up nowadays is not how brutal a band is but just how much the music itself moves me. For example, Spellbound by Dimmu Borgir makes me scream my ass off when I've got it in the car but I can find WAY more brutal shit out there that does nothing for me.

Behemoth still blows me away. So does FUCKING SLAYER!!!!!!!!!

Yup. When I've Slaves Shall Serve in the car I love to scream "SLAVES SHALL FUCKING SEEEEERRRRVVVEEEEE!!!!!!" :lol: Silly I know... and the last time I saw Slayer I was screaming every lyric to every song at the top of my lungs and just going crazy. I'm NEVER like that in normal life. So yeah some stuff still pumps me up, but none of it makes me go "OMFG that's so heavy!!!"

I also strangley desire to dress up in excesssive and gaudy drag whenever I hear poison...

I'd be such a skanky bitch if I was a chick... holy fuck...

Slayer is probably the one band that makes most metalheads fucking lose it like crazy.

Seriously dude... I had a sore neck and back for days afterwards and my voice was totally raw. The guy sitting next to me had a cane and had to be around 40 and he and I were just headbanging our asses off and high fiving each other throughout the set... fucking hilarious :lol: !

Yeah I know what you mean. I remember the first time I heard Marduk and I was like "Holy fucking shit!!!" Now it's just casual listening to me. What really pumps me up nowadays is not how brutal a band is but just how much the music itself moves me. For example, Spellbound by Dimmu Borgir makes me scream my ass off when I've got it in the car but I can find WAY more brutal shit out there that does nothing for me.

I agree. For example to me a band like Face Down isn't necessarily brutal compared to a lot of say death metal, but their last album "The Will to Power" imo is a very, very dark album and each song I find is very powerful/moving in it is aggressive and hateful manner, and in a sick way just enough to satisfy that void. This is album that grew on me a couple years back, and so I agree that just being the most brutal band doesn't necessarily do anything for me since it has little 'impact'.

Seriously dude... I had a sore neck and back for days afterwards and my voice was totally raw. The guy sitting next to me had a cane and had to be around 40 and he and I were just headbanging our asses off and high fiving each other throughout the set... fucking hilarious :lol: !

Old people who like metal are the fucking greatest.

Old people who like metal are the fucking greatest.

Yeah and he was totally calm before the Slayer came on. He was all quiet and we were just chit-chatting and he's like "yeah I haven't seen Slayer since 1988...etc." And then when they played Captor of Sin he was screaming "Yeah this shit is fucking OLD SCHOOL!! Fuck yeah!!! SLAYYYERRRR!!!" :lol: There was actually a whole bunch of people at that show that had to be in their 40's or 50's... there was this one crippled guy there who I see at EVERY metal show I go to... he must be in his 40's also. He's a true diehard. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.