Hardest Metal band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not so much me...Reign in Blood sounds cool an' all but there are tons more metal out there that definitely have the potential of breaking my fucking neck with all the brutal head banging.

Nothing more classic then Angel of Death... or Alter of Sacrifice... Or Criminally Insane... or Raining blood.

And to me, and alot of other poeple, it was one of our first rebelious/satanic bands.... so it's kind of tied to our memories and emotions.

Twisted Sister!

twistedpat.jpg

They wrote the hardest hitting metal anthem We're Not Gonna Take It.

Go back to the early 80's it is easy... Slayer

Slayer are still pretty cool though.

Fear Factory - Concrete is pretty damn fast, heavy and loud, the song Concrete has some of the fastest kick drumming ever put to cd (yes, I have heard Sacrifice unto sebekt, it is crap compared to this).

Lamb of God is more interesting to listen to than Slayer.

*shields himself*

LOG is mostly just chugga chugga chugga riffs and metalcore screaming. In other words they sound like 90% of all the new metal bands out their. Slayer may not sound interesting but at least they sound good.

Back when I was in high school I was always looking for the heaviest most brutal bands. Nowadays I could give a shit. I like some really heavy bands but I mostly just listen to metal bands who have good songwriting, atmosphere and riffs. How fast and heavy the band is really doesn't interest me anymore. Same with how skilled or technical they are. Those things are no longer relevant to me.

You're so cool. I wish I wasn't in school any more so I could be as cool as you.

Why do people feel the need to tell us all how they've grown up in the past year or so? It's natural, in case you didn't know - WE ALL WENT THROUGH THE SAME PROCESS, we didnt all stay on at school until we were 75.

BTW Who's the old guy in your sig? Someone profound no doubt, like Nietzsche or Ouspensky, so we all think you're intellect is equal to theirs.

You're so cool. I wish I wasn't in school any more so I could be as cool as you.

Why do people feel the need to tell us all how they've grown up in the past year or so? It's natural, in case you didn't know - WE ALL WENT THROUGH THE SAME PROCESS, we didnt all stay on at school until we were 75.

BTW Who's the old guy in your sig? Someone profound no doubt, like Nietzsche or Ouspensky, so we all think you're intellect is equal to theirs.

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

1. I am cool thank you.
2. It's Bartok. In case you haven't been around here much you would know that I have a composer in my sig regularly. I had Mozart for the longest time and thought it was time to change it up. I haven't really read much of philosophy so I of course would not post a philosopher in my sig. However since metal and classical are my two favorite styles of music I thought that instead of just showing all of the logos for my favorite metal bands in my sig like everyone else here does I'd put composers in there.
3. Actually I was in high school like ten years ago... so I hardly "grew up" in the last year. It was merely a comment on my part no need to take offense. In fact you will nowhere see me criticize heavy or brutal bands. The only thing I'm being critical of is the mindset that only the heaviest most br00tal bands matter.

1. I am cool thank you.
2. It's Bartok. In case you haven't been around here much you would know that I have a composer in my sig regularly. I had Mozart for the longest time and thought it was time to change it up. I haven't really read much of philosophy so I of course would not post a philosopher in my sig. However since metal and classical are my two favorite styles of music I thought that instead of just showing all of the logos for my favorite metal bands in my sig like everyone else here does I'd put composers in there.
3. Actually I was in high school like ten years ago... so I hardly "grew up" in the last year. It was merely a comment on my part no need to take offense. In fact you will nowhere see me criticize heavy or brutal bands. The only thing I'm being critical of is the mindset that only the heaviest most br00tal bands matter.

I still wish I was as cool as you. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.