Has anyone here ever used Drum Kit From Hell 2?

rfahey86

Death Be Not Proud
Jan 15, 2010
Dickson City, Pa
I just got the program. The samples are awsome, they are unprocessed as opposed to EZ or Superior. The only problem I am having is the fact that it dosen't have an instruction manual. It is not listed on toontrack or even Eastwest's websites. I've managed to do the basics with it but I was wondering if anyone else has used this program successfully? If so an audio sample of how your work sounds would be greatly appreciated.

doesn't have an instruction manual?

Hmmm, if you bought it, it should.

If you downloaded it from Toontrack's store, it should. If for some reason it didn't, you can just email them and they will be glad to help one of their valued, paying customers

I just got the program. The samples are awsome, they are unprocessed as opposed to EZ or Superior. The only problem I am having is the fact that it dosen't have an instruction manual. It is not listed on toontrack or even Eastwest's websites. I've managed to do the basics with it but I was wondering if anyone else has used this program successfully? If so an audio sample of how your work sounds would be greatly appreciated.

...where did you get it? :err:

what is it? .gig files? (giga) to load into kontakt or something? because i've never heard of DFH2 and i dont see it on the toon-track site. You shouldn't need a manual. Just load up the .gig files (if they are .gig's) and start hitting midi notes to find out whats what.

strange its not on their site though.. maybe its not toontrack's

they discontinued it

UPDATE: its made by east-west sample company - http://www.soundsonline.com/home.php

this is the link where it should be on soundsonline: http://www.soundsonline.com/error_message.php?access_denied&id=33

but the link is dead

i fail to see why they would discontinue this skinny viking. after all its just samples. load it up and work ahead. its not difficult to figure out and would require very little support if it loads up into an external sampler

UPDATE: its made by east-west sample company - http://www.soundsonline.com/home.php

this is the link where it should be on soundsonline: http://www.soundsonline.com/error_message.php?access_denied&id=33

but the link is dead

i fail to see why they would discontinue this skinny viking. after all its just samples. load it up and work ahead. its not difficult to figure out and would require very little support if it loads up into an external sampler

I meant to write "They discontinued it?" as a fuckoff ... not actually trying to give any real answers or help because there is no way this dude bought this for real and doesn't have some kind of manual ... then I decided to delete my message cause I don't feel like giving this guy any more attention

it's kontakt player. a buddy of mine used to have it and gave it to me, i have the box laying around somewhere. i never got to play with it though, due to the kid losing his registration info and us not being motivated enough to make a project of it. it's a thomas haake kit though, pretty legit samples.

To set stuff strait, I DID NOT DOWNLOAD THIS PROGRAM ILLEGALLY. I was given this by a friend of mine. I think it was bought at a garage sale or somthing like that. Anyhow the instruction manual is missing. I registered it to get the activation code but cannot find a manual for download on any website. I've been using Superior Drummer for quite some time now so I figured out the basics. I just wanted to know if anyone else has used the program. If so maybe some pointers or samples of their work. I figured I'd play around with it in my spare time and see what happens.

the toontrack website used to have downloadable cubase templates that showed in detail how they mixed the meshugga samples, in the members area. if you can find those you'll be crankin.

edit: and if you don't have cubase, it included PDF screenshots of EQ's/compressors/etc.

I used a lot in past years... I always preferred this over drumkit from hell (the Ezdrummmer version)... Raw samples, great sound (I love the sonor snare sound that Thomas Haake record)... It's a pain in the ass because being in a raw "state", you have to actually KNOW how to mix a drumkit, not like EZDrummer where sounds are pre processed so you have really a small amount of liberty...

But today I won't use it... It has some limitations (it's quite a old library), like the incredible small amount of multiple sample per hit, so or you spend nights and days fine tuning and tweaking the hell out of it (programming wise) or you will get the machine gun effect preatty soon.

If you have the money, just buy Addictive drums and Superior Drummer - The Metal Foundry.. they both have RAW samples and they cover a wide variety of sounds and styles.. Plus they have a gadzillion of samples per hit and layers of velocities that really make it difficult to achieve the MG effect.

Yeah, for me DFH2 wins hands down compared to EZdrummer DFH.. The people that say that DFH2 sounds crap are simply not aware of how a drumkit sound without any process, and they don't know how to process it...

To set stuff strait, I DID NOT DOWNLOAD THIS PROGRAM ILLEGALLY. I was given this by a friend of mine. I think it was bought at a garage sale or somthing like that. Anyhow the instruction manual is missing. I registered it to get the activation code but cannot find a manual for download on any website. I've been using Superior Drummer for quite some time now so I figured out the basics. I just wanted to know if anyone else has used the program. If so maybe some pointers or samples of their work. I figured I'd play around with it in my spare time and see what happens.
Was hoping to see if you were still on here. Wanted to know if you still have Drumkit From Hell 2? I did some old projects with it but my dvd is scratched and I can no longer install it. Thanks

I own it, bought it at guitar center a LONG time ago. I don't use it anymore. I have superior, the metal foundry, NY vol 2, and steven slate samples so I don't even consider DFH2 an option anymore. lol
Don't know if you are still on here or not but I was wondering if you still had your copy of DFH2? Thanks.