Has anyone learned any Nile on guitar before?

~Derek~

Sep 9, 2006
Tennessee
I started learning Nile's The Blessed Dead on guitar today and I can tell already it's going to be a hard song to learn. It's got weird timing, fast riffing that's hard to recognize on the song, and more extended scaling, ie. going from frets numbered 2 all the way to 7 in a single riff. So has anyone learned any Nile on guitar and what's your experience in it?

The only thing that has anything to do with nile that i know how to play is a sweet little egyptian sounding lick that was in guitar world as a "bet you cant play this" and i took the basic idea and switched the pattern around and used it in one of my bands songs.

I can play Lashed to the Slave Stick, Sacrafice Unto Sebek, Blessed Dead, Nas Akhu Khan She En Asbiu and Sarcophagus. Harder than lots of stuff I guess but not thaaaat bad.

I started learning Nile's The Blessed Dead on guitar today and I can tell already it's going to be a hard song to learn. It's got weird timing, fast riffing that's hard to recognize on the song, and more extended scaling, ie. going from frets numbered 2 all the way to 7 in a single riff. So has anyone learned any Nile on guitar and what's your experience in it?

it becomes second nature with time. i've never learned any nile but i throw huge ass stretching riffs into my songs usually