Has anyone here learned a Morbid Angel solo?

Ah, nevermind then.

You could always go with a Line 6 amp. They're cheap and have good sound.

Hmmm, for the budget he has, he is easily in the ballpark of a POD XT live or even POD X3 Live on the used market.
I hate the sound of Line 6 Spiders and the POD 2.0, but the modeling algorithms on the POD XT and X3 at least give you a pretty good tone and he has an amp he can put one through anyway
Hell, pro players used the Vetta II on stage (same modeling algos as the POD XT), so it's definitely good enough for pro level tone.
Granted, a POD can't touch a real tube amp for feel and dynamics, but hell, if he buys one he not only has access to shit loads of different tones (way more than a Spider) but a recording solution to boot.
And hell, if he buys a X3 Live now and a tube amp later down the track, there is no reason to ditch it, since it can remain for his effects and recording applications.
He can nail Morbid Angel and practically any metal tone you can think of with an X3 Live, they have shit loads of amp models.

Don't touch a spider. lol I have an old Flextone 2 stack I have the MA/Atheist sound on Channel D as we speak, and since a POD is close in structure I think that would be a good idea.