Has anyone seen the band winterfell before?

Metalman7983

Nov 17, 2005
Texas
I think they played prog power one year anyone know them?

i saw them on myspace so thats how i found them.

Their name is based off of a book series called A Song of Ice and Fire

Metalman7983 said:
I think they played prog power one year anyone know them?

i saw them on myspace so thats how i found them.

Their name is based off of a book series called A Song of Ice and Fire
They rule...in fact, several of the members graduated High School with my brother...they are from Dallastown, PA...nice to see their name spread...great band and extremely talented..."Veil of Summer" Rules...

Yeah, my brother knows the band personally...I don't...I do want to go see them, though...whenever they play live, I am always up at school...College...

Winterfell is good, but they don't seem to want to promote themselves. I've sent multiple emails asking for interviews and copies of the cd to review (have to promote them yes?) and i've never heard back. Seems silly to not want to promote your band...

They're an amazing band and have a very unique sound. Most people like to compare them to Iced Earth, which may have held some water with the demo, but not with their newest release. It's just a shame they haven't been picked up by a label yet.

Check out their website, http://www.winterfell.org

They have a downloads section where you can download the song "Asatru" off their latest CD, Veil of Summer. It's probably the catchiest tune on the new album (not my favorite though. My favorite is the song "Once And Again"). Also up there are a few clips from the premaster of the album and also two songs from their demo CD. Definitely check out the song "Winter Is Coming". The little "blizzard of guitar" (as I've termed it) at the beginning of that song hooked me instantly, and I haven't looked back since.

Feel free to join the forums too, everyone is always welcome. As you'll see, I'm a very regular poster there :wave: Lot's of cool people who listen to a wide variety of music post there.

Also, as mentioned previously, the band's name is taken from the series of books "A Song of Ice And Fire". I just finished reading the first book, "A Game Of Thrones" and it was a great book, one of my favorites I've ever read. So I'd definitely recommend checking out those books too.

Yeah Prog Maiden, that was them you saw opening for Symphony X. And like was mentioned they've opened for Kamelot too, and were supposed to open up for the Saxon show at Jaxx before the tour got cancelled. I've been seeing their band name popping up a lot all over the place lately, so they've been starting to get their name out pretty well.

yea im a big A song of ice and fire fan read all the books recommend anyone who likes medieval war to read and not be afraid that it is a fantasy book because im not really a fantasy fan but think the series is just awesome!

The first book really isn't about much fantasy at all. Sure, there's the Others and a couple of dire wolves, but that's about it. It's more about the actual story and character development (it has some of the best characters I've ever seen in a book before). I wish I wasn't in the middle of reading 2 other series too so I could read the rest of these books.

I'll ask Robb and see what his reasoning was.

I know they didn't want to just send out CD's to just anyone, they wanted to kind of screen who they were handing out CD's to (gets kind of expensive ya know?).

As for the interview, I can't really see him turning it down. Might have just been a misunderstanding. I'll see what I can find for you.

Selppinevoli said:
I'll ask Robb and see what his reasoning was.

I know they didn't want to just send out CD's to just anyone, they wanted to kind of screen who they were handing out CD's to (gets kind of expensive ya know?).

As for the interview, I can't really see him turning it down. Might have just been a misunderstanding. I'll see what I can find for you.

It wasn't that i was turned down... just that no one ever got back to me heh.

If you talk to him, let him know to check out the site (www.doomsdaymusic.com) and let him know i'm still interested if he is.

Alright, it's exactly what I thought happened: he has no idea who you are, has never seen your website, and has no idea you tried to contact him :tickled:

Something must have just gotten lost or mixed up along the way.

I thought that sounded weird, because I know Robb always loves doing interviews. Email him again, because he said he'd definitely would like to do an interview with you guys.