Has anyone spoken to the band recently...

They should be coming back they said they would on stage for damnation. This time the fucking security guards better not stop me from meeting the guys and maybe this time I'll catch the drum stick or a pick or something cool.........damn john

Originally posted by CladInDarkness
They should be coming back they said they would on stage for damnation. This time the fucking security guards better not stop me from meeting the guys and maybe this time I'll catch the drum stick or a pick or something cool.........damn john

Come on, this isn't hard.

Hang out by the load-in area/bus/van about two hours before doors open, or bolt out there after show ends and just wait. You'll find 'em.

Mikael told me that they'll be back two more times. This current string of shows was quickly put together by the agency. They'll be back for Damnation and possibly another tour that will reach many more cities.

Oh yeah, the Damnation shows will consist of songs from that album and re-worked, "lo-fi" renditions of other Opeth songs.

Later,

Originally posted by Nebularus
Mikael told me that they'll be back two more times. This current string of shows was quickly put together by the agency. They'll be back for Damnation and possibly another tour that will reach many more cities.

Oh yeah, the Damnation shows will consist of songs from that album and re-worked, "lo-fi" renditions of other Opeth songs.

Later,

Thanks for sharing! Of course, this is what I'd been told by the guy from Koch...except he told me 6 times, but it only looks like 3.....maybe he meant 6 separate "mini" tours...ah well

This doesnt have anything to do with North America, but...
I met Opeth in Birmingham UK, in McDonalds. Explains a lot :lol: *cough* double chin *cough*

They were quite cool guys, I asked Mikael to play Serenity Painted Death, but he didnt. Fat Bastard.

Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines is a MUCH better album then Deliverance. Opeth going downhill :(

In Their Darkened Shrines is a MUCH DIFFERENT album... how in the world can you compare or contrast two vastly different styles of metal. From a technical view, maybe the Nile CD is better. But if you're talking about melody and sheer complexity of chordal and valuble music knowledge... Opeth reigns free. But neither can be ahead of the other... the styles are too different and the goals of each band are much different. Lets just say they're both damn good at what they do... and Opeth going downhill? please... you need to listen to Deliverance a few more times.

HA HA,opeth going downhill.dude,you need your ears cleaned out.deliverance is one of the best opeth albums.once again its like a new chapter of there music,it differs from the rest of the albums,just like each previous one differs from each other also.thats why its called "progression",to explore new musical grounds,and not stick to one boring format album after album.

it has some of the best songs they have ever written,like "a fair judgment",and the title track.

i guess its just part of the ongoing trend to hate new albums these days.

Yes, seems we are witnessing the emergence of a new class of bourgeoise Opeth fans; the tr00 Opeth fan, ie he/she who loathes whatever Opeth are doing at the moment and reveres nostalgically everything they did in the past. I had always hoped Opeth would be the band whos fans buck this trend, but it appears not... :(

As i said on another thread I talked to mikael last night and he said they'll definitely be back for damnation tour although he's not sure when and which spots they will hit in the states. But he said the shows will be all acoustic and that steve wilson will probably support them for some of the tour :)

Im only 12 hours removed from the last concert and im already salivating for more.

It's funny that Nile is being brought up.

Mikael did say something about Nile being potential tour-mates. I quickly stated my opinion on matter that after listening to Nile's past two albums, I've come to the conclusion they aren't worthy enough to clean Opeth's, or any other band's, toe-jam. The most brainless, boring, and poorly structured DM ever.

Originally posted by Nebularus

Later,

Yep, apparently they'll be back in May and September. One (I suppose the May one?) tour is to cover the cities that they weren't able to hit this time around and the other is for Damnation...