Has the first finnish metalband been born yet?

tzh83

Source of distruction
Apr 8, 2002
Finland
Visit site
Is there any metal bands in Finland with real metal stiles, like Trash or Deathmetal?

There are sonata arctica, stratovarius, nightwish....
They all SUCK!! Powermetal sucks!!!
Like stratovarius, great guitar players, solos are great, technical but the music the riffs SUCK!!!

Diablo might be some start...A bit of own stile..Havent heard them much...

The best finnish album i have heard is Cob Hatebreeder...
Its ok, but compared to Slayer or At The Gates.... Its like if Atg - Slaughter of the Soul is 10/10, Cob is perhaps 5/10 and thats the best finns have created..SHAME ON US FINNS!! The average points for all finnish records might then be like 1,5/10...Great...Go Finnish metal!

Not to talk about HIM...yeah really agressive and technical..BULLSHIT...The should throw bands like HIM and 69 eyes to Hell!!

It would be quite easy to start a band and be the first finnish heavy metal band...Sweden has got allready about 100 bands better than the best finnish band!

Ps. This is my oppinion...I can take critic

You should maybe take a closer look on the scene... It might not look good on the top (for an extreme metallist) but there's much going on under the surface.
And, like it or not. Stratovarius, Nightwish and co. are definetly metal. It's just that you don't like them but who cares about your stinkin' opinion anyway. :D

I wouldn´t say in Finland has bad bands, we have few talent players and so on but it´s true here isn´t own scene for trash/daeth metal..or at least it`s very small...and since most of my fave bands are old trash/ death metal bands mostly they come from Usa; like: slayer, deicide, cannibal corpse..
But I like A LOT Rotten Sound, whic i think is exception here with raw grindgore metal :headbang:

About swedesh metalscene there is much larger scene of death/ trashmetalbands like two my faves; The Crown and Vomitory, At the gates

There are some pretty goddamn excellent death, black and thrash metal bands from Finland. They've just never gotten the label support they deserve since such music really doesn't sell that much.

Try to check out the following:

Demilich
Mengele
early Demigod
early Amorphis
early Sentenced
A.R.G
Protected Illusion
Beherit
Adramelech (I find them quite boring but you might enjoy them)
Abhorrence
N.N.S
Lycanthropy
Maple Cross
Funebre

@tzh83: you should listen old bands like Funebre, old Demigod, old Sentenced, old Amorphis...

Originally posted by tzh83
Like stratovarius, great guitar players, solos are great, technical but the music the riffs SUCK!!!

No no. YOU suck.

Originally posted by ChristCrusher//MFH_Prod
i like (almost) all of those. anyone around there have a copy of the Demigod on VINYL ? i would pay moderately well.

I would too, but I guess anyone who has it won't be willing to part with it.

I wonder why there`s some finnish metal bands that has turned out later more melodic, mature and fashioned...
Like Sentenced. Nowadays material of them...:yuk:
I liked Sentenced with Taneli Jarva, all before Down album. Amok is FUCKING GOOD AND FINE ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by Inhumanizer
There are some of good raw (death)metalbands in Finland like Deepred and Rotten Sound, but mostly there are only these faggotbands (Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica) who play total shit.
:mad:

Well, it's not like Deep Red are much better. Both Deep Red and Sonata Arctica are quite sucky.

I will going to see Rotten Sound, Deep red and Inferia on 2nd of Nov. whic is next saturday. WOOOWWW!!! I´m totally getting grazy, grindgore and deathmetal...:loco: :loco: :loco: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
RS has played one Carcass`s song as a cover in their gigs I´ve been to... :hotjump:

Never before heard about Deep red in my own ears, just heard some "facts" about it..looking still forward to...:p

Originally posted by tzh83
Is there any metal bands in Finland with real metal stiles, like Trash or Deathmetal?

Diablo might be some start...A bit of own stile..Havent heard them much...

The best finnish album i have heard is Cob Hatebreeder...
Its ok, but compared to Slayer or At The Gates.... Its like if Atg - Slaughter of the Soul is 10/10, Cob is perhaps 5/10 and thats the best finns have created..SHAME ON US FINNS!! The average points for all finnish records might then be like 1,5/10...Great...Go Finnish metal!

Not to talk about HIM...yeah really agressive and technical..BULLSHIT...The should throw bands like HIM and 69 eyes to Hell!!

It would be quite easy to start a band and be the first finnish heavy metal band...Sweden has got allready about 100 bands better than the best finnish band!

Ps. This is my oppinion...I can take critic
Oh, you must be a newbie! :)