has your name a meaning??

elisabeth = god's honour
whatever that means. was named after this saint elisabeth of hungary who died very young and would have been benjamin if a boy

in pop idol there's a guy named born,
his father named him after a famous song from his birthyear: born to be alive

My grandma gave me this postcard once, said Allan meant harmonic and victorious or sth.

I was named after my mom's first love :yuk:

Always wondered why my dad went along with that, might be why they broke up when I was 2.

Allan said:
My grandma gave me this postcard once, said Allan meant harmonic and victorious or sth.

I was named after my mom's first love :yuk:

Always wondered why my dad went along with that, might be why they broke up when I was 2.

hehe! oops, sorry...to hear that.

If my mom had followed her heart, I wouldn't be here. She was in love with another guy too. She was dating him (Jay) and my dad, but she and this other guy were really in love. Well, he (Jay) was going back to school in Cali. and driving out there from home in West Orange, N.J. and she was going to go with him. Pressured by her father, she decided to stay home, and on the way out, he died in a car accident somewhere out here in Arizona. And so the story goes.....

Just think, if your mom stayed with her first love, you, as well, would not exist, or would be someone else. So you were Victorious. :)

bender the offender said:
alright.. wanna go and see a big yoyo go to disneys pop century resort :D

yoyos2.jpg

Those are heeeeuuuuggggeee! *chokes* yo-yos~! :eek:

DragonLady1 said:
hm now I looked in the net and found this:

Daphne
Origin: Greek
Meaning: laurel, bay tree, victory

Yes, Daphne was not a muse, but one the girls that used to hunt with Artemis, the hunting godess. The god of music and light Apollon (Phoebus) fell in love with her and started chasing her. Daphne prayed for mercy to the gods and Zeus turned her into a laurel. That's how she escaped from Apollon. That's what the myth says. Wreaths made from laurel branches are given to winners and honoured persons.