Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Chugg is big in the promoter stakes though.

...and it could have been a...

Chugg - "We want to tour Maiden to Australia"

Rod - "Not happening"

Never know maybe he's just not interested in any offers.

May send off a couple of emails to other promoters asking them if they know anything too. Wouldnt hurt I spose.

it sucks that a big band like maiden can do several 'world tours' and miss australia each time.
Small bands drag themselves out here. bah.

If The Haunted, Opeth, Soilwork etc can come here, Maiden fucking well can. Evan fucking Dando is here every 15 minutes. Maiden's effort is pox.

If Maiden really wanted to make the effort they could grab Rod Smallgoods by the gonads and force him to book a tour. But they don't, so they don't. Fuck em.

I'm sure it's probably to do with profit margins. The smaller bands will come here and only hope to get small profit margins/break even whereas Maiden probably have to make a minimum (but large) profit to pay for their flying lessons, collectible daleks etc etc

I hope DT come though... they are really the last band on my list I wanna see that I haven't.

Btw, I've been told that In Flames are a good chance for December and Arch Enemy in February. Whether they happen are another thing but I believe it's trying to be sorted out at the moment.

In Flames? WHO CARES! DAMMIT! ARGH!

Ill see Arch Enemy though, so they wont come now ill bet.

There is talk of a worldwide AE tour. Michael Amott wants to come here, and I'm pretty sure he's good friends with the Opeth and Soilwork guys who'll have good things to say about us, so it may be on the cards. As for Maiden, well, Australia is the only country where they've toured and lost money every time they've come here. Even in 93 when they were dead in the water, the only place they lost money on tour was here. So the issue is going to be money, and that's the way it's been with them for a long time.

If all they think about is the money, fuck em, and fuck em twice. I'll still buy the new album though. :)

I would absolutely love to see Arch Enemy. I reckon they'd be sensational. I'd certainly go along to see In Flames too, even if I've heard nothing since Colony.

Goreripper said:
There is talk of a worldwide AE tour. Michael Amott wants to come here, and I'm pretty sure he's good friends with the Opeth and Soilwork guys who'll have good things to say about us, so it may be on the cards.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: