Hate to tell u but slayer is mainstream

Originally posted by Unlit Flames
heh i didnt think so many people would reply to a mistake from pressing send reply to new thread. slayer is overrated and trendy now. i dont care about mainstream but if it affects an originally good band fuck it. BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!???????????????????. wtf are you thinking slayer has betrayed the fans awaiting a new reign in blood but what did we get we got post mortim limp bizkit and slipknot. i sold that album on ebay after one whole listen and wondered. what is happening so i played reign in blood and i laughed at the difference.

I see that some of their fans are closing in on idiocy. You waited for a new reign in blood? why? they have already done one. And please... you listened to the album once and then sold it? At least it helps your country's economy...

Originally posted by Misanthrope

This is where i disagree. If they admitely were into glam for the money as you claim, no real intensity could be present on their music, only artificial ones. And they changed not to be themselves but to catch another wave of money that was very promising when they did so the 90s metal. So therefore their intensity its also prefabricated cause they never wanted to express anything, they always just wanted money and honestly, it shows, it also shows in slayer wich is kinda the whole point.

Dude, you´ve lost it man, listen to "The Great Southern Trendkill" and tell me that is artificial intensity... You can´t, that´s fucking pure anger and bitterness displayed on that album, no prefabricated shit...

Im listening...

I disagree....

You know, it would help if diamond darrell wouldnt masturbate so much with wammy it becomes exesive until it looks like he is hiding his inability to create descent intense riff he just abuses it on songs like suicide note part II. Sad, really sad, so much ability ( technically speaking ), so little creativity...a poor's man malsteem.

Originally posted by YourFuneral
Sure you can! (I'm not buying... heh heh)

Dont worry i dont drink so there is 1 beer less. Im always that boring guy who orders just a glass of water but when everyone is drunk it pays atention to use the info to blackmail later, not many people drinks around me anymore:cry:

Oh come on you people, there are simply two opinions colliding with eachother.

There are purely "objective" music fans, who don't give a rat's ass about sellouts or trends but just listen to the music and judge it purely as a musical expression of whatever. To them, a change in style is just an artist's personal musical choice and should be judged a simply that.

And there are others who will not permit themselves to take a distance from their prejudices and stubbornly stick to a sort of self-invented trueness. I can imagine that, it sucks to see the band who made your favourite album turn over to a style that you think stinks! (mainly because, above that you don't like it, it sells good, and stinking music shouldn't sell!) Sure, a sellout is possible, but is not ALWAYS the case in a change of style.

Would your friends from kindergarten call you a sellout because you no longer shit you pants?

Be honest and decide

Oh, and since there seems to be some spelling and grammar gestapo on this forum, i'd like to excuse my errors in my previous entry. Sometimes, I think faster than I can type.

Everything can ( and will mind you ) be diminished and left aside when it comes to music+money.

But getting on topic: Slayer has never been anything close to musical expression, they were always doing it for the wrong reasons ( there is such a thing as a wrong reason when it involves money and fame it stops being music, this is why i dont consider extremely talented but extremely sell out bands music ). Plus its very obious slayer is trying to get some of the nu-metal money now, lets ignore their questionable past and look and their even more questionable present and future: They want money. GHUA is an album that is standing somewhere between the black album and load if we compare them to metallica.

:eek:If they cut off their nuts, then.....then......then......then they'll have power metal vocals!!! Hansi Kursch on speed!!!:eek:

how can you say there is no creativity on the great southern trendkill, listen to floods or 10's, those songs are so fucking kick ass. and suicide note pt.1 and 2. those songs talk about phil's herione usage and overdose where he was pronounced dead for 4minutes, and just cause dimebag, not diamond<this isn't vulgar or cfh buddy> uses the wammy fucking hardcore on one song doesn't denounce the whole album. listen to the solo at the end of the first track <TGSTK> that solo is so damn wicked, i'd like to see any of you "metal purists" play that, im not trying to rag on anybody if it seems like that, and everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but come on to say tgstk isn't intense or has no creativity is just wrong.
GGGGGGRRRRRRWWWWWMMMMMRFFFFFFFFLLLL!!!!!!!!

Man, I don't know what gets played on your radio stations, but I wish ours would play some slayer or Pantera. I wouldn't cite either of the affirmentioned bands as my favourites, but they both have given me a lot of pleasure over the albums. I can see weak points and strong points in both those bands. But I couldn't call either of them mainstream, I guess they are "mainstreamlined" to a certain extent, but fuck. I have never ever heard either of those bands get played on commercial radio here in Aus, not even on the station that is supposed to be the censorship free, alternative station, (with the exception of it's metal show called the 3 hrs of power which gets played once a week). On the same token, comparing Slayers new album to limp shitzkit is laughable. How can the whining faggoty vocals that Durst wanker does on nearly all his songs becompared to Tom Araya screaming his guts out on all his albums. I can see bad points on every slayer album, even the classics. And I reckon show no mercy and that era slayer sucks. But it's who they were at the time. I think their weakest point is Undisputed attitude, and I have reasons for that. But on the same hand, I have friends who love it. I think the new album is really cool, but it's not great. But I can't see how it's new metal, it's too fast, and too much screaming for new metal. Sure, it's no where near as fast as the shit I normally listen too, but it's heaps faster than nu metal. I think it's a good album that has about 6 or 7 shit riffs. There aren't that many bands who's albums are exactly that these days, and the ones that aren't are why they are leading the field. But the fact is, it's a different field they lead. The problem seems to me, that you are labelling bands like slayer, or Pantera as sellouts, because they aren't Gorgasm, Hate Eternal, or Nile, or Zyklon, or Satyricon, or Immortal, or................... e.t.c
The fact is that slyer don't fit into that bracket, nor does Pantera, And they never did, they naturally have always fitted into a more mainstreamed bracket of metal. But if you ask me, it's still nowhere near mainstream enough to get played on the radio, if it did maybe I'd go back to listening to the radio again, cause I haven't for over 4 years now.
And finnally, I agree with the guy who remarked about waiting for Reign In Blood 2002, that's ridiculous. As he said they already did Reign In Blood 1986. You have your wires and terminologies slightly crossed I think. Because if I was Tom Araya, and I was about to make my new album, and thought, well, I'm gonna do Reign In Blood again for 2002, that's how the new album will sound. Cause if I do that then I'm gonna get back some of the fans who keep bagging us cause they don't like our stuff after Seasons. If I was Tommy, and I did that, then to me......... that's the ultimate sell out.
To close, Kerry Kings has never, and will never be able to write a decent solo, neither can Karl Sanders from Nile, or Trey Azagthoth from Morbid Angel, but I have never, and will never be listening to any of those artists for their awesome leads. I will continue to listen to them cause for the majority of the time, I think they write half decent songs. But, just my opinion........
Long live Zyklon!

Fist I said that Pantera are (and since Cowboys from hell) mainstream, because most people in metal listens to them, they are in the metal mainstream. Funny is that I got Far beyond Driven a year or 2 ago, uh it’s a good album, yes it is…. Funny is when in Southern Trendkill Phil’s goes saying in the album self entitled song : “kill the trend, MTV sucks “…and shit… the real truth is that some years ago if you tuned Mondays at night to MTV, you would get all your 5 Minutes Alone, Drag The Waters and more shit…. Then he’s the victim, people judge him in a paragraph.. isn’t that what fame is all about?? And the funniest thing ever is that he’s Jonathan Davies from trash metal, he’s also a poor little boy who didn’t had hugs, but he covers that up with his redneck attitude… BAH!!

Mind you that they are a good band as Slayer is… I heard only one track named “God Hates Us All” and damn it sucked bad… but reign in blood is pretty cool.