Hate to tell u but slayer is mainstream

Yeah every five seconds I hear Slayer on the radio..Oh and they're constantly on mtv...I just can't get away from Slayer....That is the most ridiculous bunch of bullshit I have heard in a LONG time. First of all quit trying to"out underground"each other and second of all it should not matter to you HOW MANY PEOPLE listen to something you like...Who gives a fuck? If you like a band,you like a band period. Slayer still has the same exact style of songwriting they have always had...Go listen to fucking limp bizkit and then put on Slayer.They sound absolutely NOTHING alike.

Originally posted by PratlPoet
I'm not bashing Pantera per se; I'm bashing the way they've achieved their fanbase now. I think they are phonies and I don't agree with them, but that's only my opinion. I don't expect anyone to follow my lead...real metalheads think for themselves! However, I've heard them called the "saviors of metal," which is not only perposterous, but plain wrong considering the band's distant history.

Actually I was referring to Slayer. You either love Pantera or hate them, there isn't any "pantera sounds like the back street boys" stuff.

Originally posted by PratlPoet
Nope, because they once wore fuckin mascara and eye shadow...case closed.

Nope, case just opened... That has to be the single most idiotic thing I've ever read... (atleast lately) Essentially, what you are saying is: "Nobody can change their mind about anything..." Hello! Pantera probably played "glam" because they wanted to play music and HEY "glam" was where the money was at, at the time... So fuck'n what?!? I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the people in here used to listen to the types of music that you would now be calling crap... (A lot STILL listen to it... I know I did and still do, to a certain extent...) Why can the same not be true for the members of Pantera?

The FACT that they've been playing the type of music they have been for the last 10->15 years with the same level of intensity should tell you something... It's obvious that they enjoy what they are doing and many people (myself included) enjoy their work...

And don't give me that integrity crap... People change... Life is ALL about change... Integrity is a fucking figment of your egotistical imagination...

In closing, (HAHA!) if you like something... Good... Enjoy it! If you don't like it, ok... Fine... Move on... Arguing about this stuff is pointless...

P.S. I'm not pissed at you per se; just all the pointless banter...

...It's not the fact that slayer are mainstream, because they aren't. And it wouldn't matter even if they were...! But their new cd is shocking, and as musicians they have compromised themselves!

Slayer have never been great musicians or players, in fact they have always been pretty shocking, but now they are shocking AND simple.

I admit, i actually like most of diabolus, it is a fucking heavy cd, and there is some great ORIGINAL material on there, like desire... and i actually think that they stepped up to the plate with that cd, but with God Hates us All, slayer have simplified their (already lacking!) music.

I am willing to give the cd another listen if you tell me some of the better tracks... I downloaded most of the album, but i was terribly dissapointed... So what are some tracks that are worth listening to?

The FACT that they've been playing the type of music they have been for the last 10->15 years with the same level of intensity should tell you something... It's obvious that they enjoy what they are doing and many people (myself included) enjoy their work...

This is where i disagree. If they admitely were into glam for the money as you claim, no real intensity could be present on their music, only artificial ones. And they changed not to be themselves but to catch another wave of money that was very promising when they did so the 90s metal. So therefore their intensity its also prefabricated cause they never wanted to express anything, they always just wanted money and honestly, it shows, it also shows in slayer wich is kinda the whole point.

Originally posted by Misanthrope

This is where i disagree. If they admitely were into glam for the money as you claim, no real intensity could be present on their music, only artificial ones. And they changed not to be themselves but to catch another wave of money that was very promising when they did so the 90s metal. So therefore their intensity its also prefabricated cause they never wanted to express anything, they always just wanted money and honestly, it shows, it also shows in slayer wich is kinda the whole point.

So, basically what you are saying (correct me if I'm wrong) is that a band (not just one person) would have to come out of the womb pissed at the world in order to make intense music? Are you saying that metal can't be created unless their is pure unadulterated tragedy in that person's life? Sorry... Don't but it...

Nou, just as long as it doesnt comes strictly and obiosly from the desire of making money.

Well, for the most part, I agree with you on that, though I personally feel that they aren't doing it just for the money... Even if they are and people still like them, what's the big deal? If you don't like that approach, just don't listen to them... It's that simple...

i Dont =)

The thing is that people gets mad when you even comment on them and react in such a passionate way about them, they become cult and they started out as money makers do you see the irony and comedy of it?

i Dont =)

The thing is that people gets mad when you even comment on them and react in such a passionate way about them, they become cult and they started out as money makers do you see the irony and comedy of it?

Of course! My original post was aimed at both sides... PratlPoet just happened to be the author of the line that triggered my response... My post wasn't aimed at just him, rather both sides of the table... It's all pointless banter...

It's fun, but I don't take it seriously...it's just my opinion, man...peace!!

I'm taking Your Funeral and Misanthrope out for a beer!!