12. Ante Up
13. Born With Both
14. Everybody Dies
15. In The Ditch
16. Addiction
17. Stalker
18. The Gift Giver
19. Payback (99 demo)

I have never really been a huge fan of live death metal albums. They seem to always fall flat on their face, due to the production or something else; I’m not quite sure. I also love to be proven wrong from time to time, and HATEPLOW have managed to do that with their first live album, Mosh Pit Murder. This was recorded back in 2000 on tour with the mighty S.O.D. right before their second album was released. I don’t know why it took so long for release, but this is definitely a quality live death album. Besides the nine live tracks, we are also treated to the original demo recordings from 1996, with the original lineup including the late Crazy Larry, who died right after the recording. Although the sound of it is a little off to me, as the sound seems to be a little louder out of the left side of the recording for a majority of the demo.

The live album features a top-notch lineup including the mighty Dave Culross pounding the skins, and the double guitar madness of Phil Fasciana of MALEVOLENT CREATION and Rob Barrett formerly of CANNIBAL CORPSE. Vocalist Kyle Symons, who is now also in MALEVOLENT CREATION, has always reminded me in his vocal style of old school D.R.I. with the right amount of death metal delivery. He really has a highly infectious death metal voice. There is nothing overly fancy here, from the production to the cover layout, but that is all right, as the music speaks for itself. For a live album, this is definitely worth adding to your collection, and the original demo added is just like icing to the cake. If you are still or ever were a fan of Florida death metal done the right way, you would be doing yourself a great disservice by ignoring this.

Rating: 7.5/10

Evil C