The mosh pit debate.....

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
I remember on this i think a year ago or so I seen a debate on the mosh pit for Progpower.

I am niether for it or against it as wether it's allowed or not doesn't really bother me from enjoying a good band.

I know there are alot of you that either hate it or don't care for it. I heard this after the event of a mosh pit breaking out during Rage i believe at a pervious PP.

I just think it's weird i see that this is the only metal festival i know of that has banned them ( not ragging on you Glen it's cool either way , no disrespect) where as i seen other festivals (which feature power/prog bands) allow them.

Funny thing is I seen mosh pits happen during shows from Evergrey, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, Children of Bodom, and I even seen mosh pits happen during Dio and Judas Priest. Not to mention some of these bands encouraged it.

Just thought it make a good discussion.

Moshing increases the chance of someone getting hurt, and therefore, the chances of someone sueing (is that how you spell it?) the festival/Glenn... So that's why the ban on moshing. :)

I think the PP crowd is a little bit older also meaning that we are a bit more mature than that. Moshing=violence=pain=hurt=stricter rules.

IMO, this is not a death metal festival. If you want to mosh, find another outlet. ProgPower is about appreciation of progressive and power metal, not about unfettered aggression.

Personally, I'm not a floor man anyway, so I'm happy to sit and headbang in my seat; but I know lots of people who want to get closer to the stage without having to fear for their safety. They have the right not to be tackled by other people. 'Nuff said.

I personally like mosh pits... I like when the crowd gets really into the music... not all mosh pits are all that violent..
The Rage moshpit was real fun, except for a few bastards who were moshing into people who didn't want to take part of it.. And the house was pretty empty! There was enough room for both the moshers and non-moshers..

But I resepect the Prog Power rules.. no need to mosh in there.

Yeah! I like moshing, how imature I must be...

If it's REAL moshing, like all around the world, then it's good...

Now, if it is the stupid 16 yr old kids Kung Fu moshing that we see in concerts over here, I am completely against it, cause that's just plain retard Imo... LOL

Before I start, this is not directed at Joseph. I'm just going to set the record straight for everyone Dennis Miller style. I will not respond to any further posts as I honestly don't give a shit what people think about my rule. This has come up a few times so I don't take offense to those that missed the earlier threads.

Rant on:

You can bitch, whine, moan, beg, and call me every name in the book. It will not change a damn thing. I am not Clear Corporate Channel. I do not own Earthlink Live or those damn unlighted stairs. I pay the insurance. I pay the insurance per person that costs more than you realize. If someone gets hurt & sues, guess who goes to court and risks losing the festival forever? Guess who could lose his house and everything he has worked his ass off for in life? If you think I wouldn't get sued, you are naive. Go to fucking Ozzfest and jackoff in the pit.

The average age of my patron is 35 and spends on average a *fuck load* of cash at my show. They go to to enjoy themselves. They do not go to get an elbow in the face or to endure some smelly mother fucker wiping sweat all over them after acting like Bugs Bunny in Outer Space.

As for any other show or festival that allows it, I could give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about them. It's their show and they can run it as they see fit. I dare say they say the same about my nerd rule.

End of story.

Glenn H.

Glenn,

You just made me spill the water I was drinking all over they keyboard with that comment....

Thank you for that (Ironic)

Harvester said:
Before I start, this is not directed at Joseph. I'm just going to set the record straight for everyone Dennis Miller style. I will not respond to any further posts as I honestly don't give a shit what people think about my rule. This has come up a few times so I don't take offense to those that missed the earlier threads.

Rant on:

You can bitch, whine, moan, beg, and call me every name in the book. It will not change a damn thing. I am not Clear Corporate Channel. I do not own Earthlink Live or those damn unlighted stairs. I pay the insurance. I pay the insurance per person that costs more than you realize. If someone gets hurt & sues, guess who goes to court and risks losing the festival forever? Guess who could lose his house and everything he has worked his ass off for in life? If you think I wouldn't get sued, you are naive. Go to fucking Ozzfest and jackoff in the pit.

The average age of my patron is 35 and spends on average a *fuck load* of cash at my show. They go to to enjoy themselves. They do not go to get an elbow in the face or to endure some smelly mother fucker wiping sweat all over them after acting like Bugs Bunny in Outer Space.

As for any other show or festival that allows it, I could give two tugs of a dead dog's cock about them. It's their show and they can run it as they see fit. I dare say they say the same about my nerd rule.

End of story.

Glenn H.

Quite understandable. I know that you spend SHIT LOAD of money on the fest Glen and i ( as most of the other fans ) don't want to have you risk loosing the festival for anything. especially something like that. Whether or not myself or someone else like does or does not like that rule should respect the decision that you spend alot of money for this fest and respect your decision. I was only trying to make a good thread. I hope it didn't piss you off or anything. I know running PP isn't cheap at all !!!! Plus i understand that most of the crowd doesn't want it. so it's all good. :headbang:

I don't have anything against moshing in theory, it just depends on if the people doing it are considerate (bear with me, folks). Like AngraRules said above, real moshing isn't about wanton violence; unfortunately, jerks have turned it into that and so that's the reputation it has. I can certainly avow that I hate having to watch my back while trying to enjoy a show because some dipshits are hitting people without regard as to who is in "the pit" and who isn't - who in turn bump into others - and others - and into me, which disrupts my enjoyment.

Harvester said:

Rant on:

End of story.

Glenn H.
Excellent answer! No one could've said it better!

I mosh once in a while, at shows like CoB or whatever, and obviously not at PP. Like somebody (I think angrafan?) said, it can be so much better, and it sucks having to watch out for stray moshers when you're trying to enjoy a show. There was a stupid fucker during Manticora who was pissing everybody off, and I considered doing something until I saw a guy take a more direct route and kick him in the kneecap when the lights were off between songs.

So yeah, this isn't a thread on whether moshing should be allowed at PP, because it's not, end of story. But I guess it's another general debate on it - I'm for it with the right crowd.

I think Brainstorm, Angel Dust, Rage and Tad Morose etc. were bands that are heavy enough to mosh to, but I didn't mosh to any of them. It didn't "fit" the crowd nor event, plus I didn't want to get thrown out. I don't have a problem with moshing. I am getting too old to do it, but I did lots of it in the past.

Bryant

Go to fucking Ozzfest and jackoff in the pit.

Glenn H.
kittybeast said:
watchout....Sharon might charge you more for this:guh:
Ha ha ha, wtg, kb! :lol:

I'm over 35, spend a shit load of money at PP and I don't want gyrating punks distracting me from the show and rearranging my facial structure. Call me an old bitch if you will, but I'm damn glad the rule stays.