Have any relations to a band???

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Yeah, they share a big appartment with some
other people... One guy is in the band
Dödheimgard or something as well....
I never really liked that band so I can't recall
how to spell their name >:eek:) Then there's one
other guy and a couple of girls....

Ohh wow, I love Dodheimsagard (i am not sure if that is how you spell it either). You sould befriend the girl:heh: and go over there:) get the adddress and post it:lol: :lol:
jAY

I don't think I know anyone famous. I have met some musicians if that count? I've met my biggest idol, Lee Hazlewood, after his concert in Aarhus, Denmark. I had him sign all my records (16 lp's + 1 single). I have also met Mike Stern. I saw him live in Aalborg, Denmark and I had brought a couple of P-Funk records cause Dennis Chambers was the drummer, so I had him sign them (Dennis Chambers signed the records that is). The only reason I went to the concert was to see Dennis Chambers and it was defenitly worth the money, as he kicked major ass! The best drumming I've heard my entire life!!!!
I've also done an interview with Hellhammer & Blasphemer of Mayhem. It was at last years Roskilde Festival. They also signed my pic-disc of "Mediolanum capta est" and so did Necrobutcher & Maniac. I talked a little with Necrobutcher, but not that much with Maniac. I also had some pictures with them, except for with Maniac.
I saw Biohazard live and after the show they came out and talked to people, but I didn't really talk to them.
I've also met the Danish band Boghandle. I got a stick from the drummer, the guitarist made me a drawing and I had them autograf a hat I had made. This was in 5th grade I think. A girl from my school had won a competition in a Danish magazine so Boghandle played in our school gym. There was also a picture of me and some of my friends in the mag next month.
I've also met Ulrika from MTV Europe. It was too bad I only talked to her for 30 seconds or something (she had to work), as I didn't have time to fuck her in the ass!!!
I can't remember if I've met more, but those people I'll most likely never meet again, so it's not like I know them.

Originally posted by Katatonic289
My uncle was the man who sang the "monster mash"

that's awesome ...

My friend's band is getting pretty popular in the local scene ... they have opened for amon amarth ...

also, my dad is good friends with the guy who wrote the some "Funky Town" (I think that's the name of it) ...

Originally posted by Furious B
that's awesome ...

My friend's band is getting pretty popular in the local scene ... they have opened for amon amarth ...

also, my dad is good friends with the guy who wrote the some "Funky Town" (I think that's the name of it) ...
So your dad's friend is S. Greenberg I assume. He's the guy who wrote "Funkytown" for Lipps Inc. back in 1979. He also wrote the rest of their LP "Mouth to mouth", except for a song called "Power", which is cowritten with S. Atlas.

I know the people in Amaran, they even thanked me in the cd booklet.

I am also acquainted (spelling?) with the members of Dark Tranquillity. I've partied with them and they offered me an Villain from their forum a hotel room after a gig. I speak to a few of the members on icq, one of them on an almost daily basis.

The main guy in Suidakra added me on icq after I mailed their webmaster.

I've talked to Åkerfeldt a few times. Once at a gig this girl says hello like she knows me, turns out its Mikes g/f that I met at a party/gig the week before. Pathetic of me to mention that, I just thought it as funny that she remembered me.

I talked to Björn from In Flames on icq once and once I got a reply on icq from Weiki of Helloween.

I've partied with the members of Gamma Ray and rode a taxi with them to a strip club.

I'm friends with the drummer of Julie Laughs Nomore.

Originally posted by Brutalizer
Hmm...well, Mikael (Åkerfeldt) works sometime in a record shop (it's called Mellotronen) here in Stockholm, Sweden... so i see him now and then when i visit the shop!

Oh I didn't know that!... What if I go buy an opeth cd when he's working there, and pretend to not know who he is hehe

Kind of strange, but i know the guy who built the 8-string guitars for the guys in Meshuggah :lol:

...He's the guitar tech at the local music store...

Originally posted by Staffan
Oh I didn't know that!... What if I go buy an opeth cd when he's working there, and pretend to not know who he is hehe

I walk by that shop every once in a while, like once a week, and he is never there anymore.

Originally posted by At The Gates
I walk by that shop every once in a while, like once a week, and he is never there anymore.

not that strange he has been recording deliverance and now he's recording the vox to damnation in england... anyway, where in stockholm is it?

Originally posted by Lee_B
I was good friends with Zoe Ball at college (we shared a couple of A-Level classes), and we were still in contact until a few years ago. That probably won't mean much to anyone outside the UK :)

:lol: :lol:

I've chatted with the drummer in Bal-Sagoth on AIM, and I've talked to Richard Christy at a few of his shows and occasionally run into him at various shows in the area. And, one of my old managers is getting married to the original drummer from Death, Barney "Kam" Lee.