Have I mentioned how much I hate Missy Higgins?

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
* She's a great deal less talented than the critics (and even some real people) think she is

* Her voice shits me to tears

* I could write and have written much better lyrics than that but I don't get them plastered all over national radio to the annoyance of millions.

W

I reckon she is kind of hot actually. Not mega super hot or anything, but kinda. I think its the short hair. I like the two songs of hers ive heard. Not nearly enough to buy the album though.

spawn said:
I reckon she is kind of hot actually. Not mega super hot or anything, but kinda. I think its the short hair. I like the two songs of hers ive heard. Not nearly enough to buy the album though.
My thoughts exactly.

I could write and have written much better lyrics than that but I don't get them plastered all over national radio to the annoyance of millions.
Jealous much?

I don't think she's that great, but she doesn't annoy me all that much either.

I think since I heard that cocksucker shannon noll "singing" cmon aussie cmon it's set a whole new standard and it's gonna be hard for anything else to have much effect on me for a while.

Come on Wrathy, you are jealous, like you wouldnt want to be her and sit around all day playing with your body.

Kasey Chambers is annoying because she has a horrid voice but is probably Australia's best songwriter. Sort of like Kris Kristofferson - third-best American songwriter ever IMO (after Dylan and Springsteen) but isn't a good singer. But the thing with Kasey is that a lot of people think she's a great singer, even though she butchered True Colours worse than anyone has ever butchered anything before.

I hate them both.

lots and lots.

Especially Casey Chambers.

Females called Casey have no place in music as they are ussually sexually unappealing and annoying.

Although her stuff isn't my thing, I have respect for Missy Higgins achieving what she has at such a young age. Isn't it all her own material?

I suppose it's hard to live up to the Tori Amos bench-mark Wrathy?

I dislike Missy Higgins for similar reasons. I don't think she deserves much of the praise she gets, her songs are very simple, very boring, and I am not a fan of her voice either. The thing that gets me is, she was propelled into the industry by winning a competition (I'm not sure which, but it was a JJJ unearthed style one I believe), but she really isn't that great, and I am sure there would be other more talented acts around that are more deserving, but get nowhere.

Casey Chambers' voice is annoying, but it never bothered me that much hearing it on studio recordings, it was when I heard her sing live that I realised how horrid she can sound. Horrid. Much better songwriter than Missy Higgins though.