Haven't been here in ages, here's a mix.

Really kick ass metal... and what a vocal... It's totally me!! The guitars made in POD XT? Some of the best i've heard... and the tones... yes please!

About damn time you showed up again diobolic! there have been threads about you gone missing... :p

kickass songs! can you tell us a bit more about what you did to get it sound so pro like this? i remember you talking about tracking a drummer, using some samples for the kick and snare, plus a POD XT that sounds amazing... :headbang:

Haha, thanks guys. I will post the tone file and give all the details when I get home from work tonight. Sorry I've been gone so long. But we will have a nice little chat later!

Are the OG board members still posting here? I remember when only like 20 people were regulars here.

Not sure if it's the 128kbps mp3, the overall volume or just the vocal track - but there is some heavy distortion/cracking in the vocals of Pulsate. The guitars sound wicked - nicely matched with the kick drum. However, I think the toms sound a little too centered and quiet (again, just could be the 128kbps mp3 mangling the sound).

A+

Checking it out now....Nice job on "listen"....pumping mix. Like the bass tone. Cymbals/hats sound a bit weird but that's probably the mp3 encoding at fault.

"Pulsate" is cool too. Mix isn't as full or defined as on "listen". High end sounds a bit brittle rather than crisp.

Great tones and well played allround.

Thanks for the input guys. I still have yet to master these tracks. They aren't flawless by any means (and they never will be with the home studio I run). But it's good enough for a "free" self-produced demo, I think. It's essential that I run Andy's C4 settings though. haha.

Here's my XT tone files for those of you who asked for it.

http://www.darkcloud9.com/DIOBOLIC'S TONES.zip

Lets just say there is a hole in the wall from my head :headbang: :headbang:

Great stuff i wish i had a pod to try this tone!!!!

yea details on stuff would be cool...............

I have my pod xt in my studio with no internet. Or any conaction to the pc.

Can you post your settings, so I can try the sound this way? Please
sounds killer

Amp

Box

Mic

Mic distance

Stomp?

Comp?

ec

you will know what I mean

p.s.: forget about any distortion, it´s sounds killer, and that whats all about.

There is no rule how something have to sound. Great job.

Last times I only recorded rock´n roll bands so I have nothing to post.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes mate, that Pulsate track is huge, good vox too. Yeah deffently post that guitar tone up man, saftey safe :headbang:

I will post the settings when I get home later. The one thing I never understood is why people have such a hard time getting tone like that out of their POD. When you see the setting, you'll realize that it's very basic. There's no magic there. It probably has more to do with the guitar/pickups I use and the way I EQ them "in the box" than the actual POD setting. I mean, you want to have the best signal going in as possible... we all know that. I only mildly EQ the guitar tracks in the multi-track session.

I'm curious to see how Kaz gets his tone too, because his is awesome as well. Is the sound mostly the POD (mine is), or does it take more work on the back end to get it?

At any rate.. all you gotta do is find a tone that sounds good with your guitar and fits your style of playing/songs.

The most important part.. if you are recording with the POD direct, run it through your studio monitors and dial in the POD until you are happy with the sound. Because once you get a good sound through the monitors, your recorded track should play back exactly the same (unless you EQed it in the box). That's how I do it, anyway.

DIOBOLIC, What kind of eqing in the box are you doing? Could you post some settings or a preset file? How many guitars did you track?