HD video camera?

i have still yet to get a lens that is useful to me for the GH1, but i really like the camera etc... having a 50mm on it is just too 'zoomed in' to be practical to me. Here is a slow motion test. To do real slo-mo, you have to shoot in 720p at 60fps, then just put it in a 30fps/24fps project - like overcranking a film camera. I was pretty happy with how it worked, so here i am just jamming a 'fast' electric wizard tune in slow motion - it's so dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have still yet to get a lens that is useful to me for the GH1, but i really like the camera etc... having a 50mm on it is just too 'zoomed in' to be practical to me. Here is a slow motion test. To do real slo-mo, you have to shoot in 720p at 60fps, then just put it in a 30fps/24fps project - like overcranking a film camera. I was pretty happy with how it worked, so here i am just jamming a 'fast' electric wizard tune in slow motion - it's so dumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i52h4x7i8wc

Yeah I know about 60fps and then playing back at 24fps - but slowing down a 24fps video gives you a bit more of a jarring effect. It's just a different thing.

I agree that a 50mm seems too zoomed in some of the time, so I'm looking into getting a few other lenses. I was thinking about a wide angle lens, and then a macro lens to go with it, so I've got three distances covered - really close up, close-ish, and then far away.

Finally got to get out of the house today with the camera and just dick around. I added a 'vintage' filmlook via premiere elements to test it out... still figuring out the best way to use this camera etc.. my shutter speed was really high most of the time due to switching back and forth between stills and video.

I finally got out to some shows last night. Having a lot of fun with this camera. Next investment will be a portable audio recorder like a Zoom H4N or similar. I was surprised the camera audio was this good, but it still sucks.