HDM

BenMech

student of the d'eh
Odin's Court can't be the only band to appropriate the work of Phillip Pullman for metal glory and pain.

Know anyone else who wrote about Lyra Silvertongue Belaqua, Will Parry, Panserbjoern, Dust, and whatever else?

Btw, Matt did a good job with his Amused to Death review below. One of my favorite unfairly neglected albums of the early 1990s.

Biomech >>> Terria, though

Hey, BenMech, thanks for stopping by. :D You'll have to forgive me, but I don't recognize the screenname. Have we met before (cyberspace or otherwise?). I checked out your homepage but didn't see any pics. Says you're in NJ though.

I don't know of anyone else to write about HDM, but it is way cool to see someone else so into that series. I'm rereading them for about the 6th time now. Good stuff!

Biomech >> Terria? :zombie: No way. :D Those are definitely Devin's two best works, and I absolutely !!!!LOVE!!!! both. But I think Terria is about the best thing since sliced bread. :D Though, I have to admit, B:OM is very close behind!

ROCK ON!
:devil:

Your awesome song about His Dark Materials (easily a favorite of mine!) inspired Andrea and I to buy the books. To my surprise, when Andrea came home last night while I was napping watching the Phillies game, she had a box with the paperbacks of all 3 books in it. Very cool!

I can't wait to read them and discuss them. I hear they are kind of an antithesis to the Chronicles Of Narnia.

Hey! Awesome! I have never heard that about them being the anti-Narnia, but I guess they are in a way. If you're very religous or easily offended they may be hard to take. I don't want to say to much because they are a great read (IMO), but they definitely make you think. Quite creative too.