Headbangers Ball

Morbid Angel

New Metal Member
Jul 29, 2003
In my room
Visit site
What do you think of the new Headbangers Ball? I think that it's the s***! These last fews episodes have been good. One night Jamey Jasta of Hatebreed didn't have a band to interview so he talked some about the videos before they played them. That played some awesome videos
Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society's "Stillborn"
Eighteen Vision's "You Broke Like Glass"
Killswitch Engage's "Fixation On The Darkness"
Poison The Well's "Botchla"
Sepultura's "Territory"
Hatebreed's "Perseverance"
Murderdolls "Love At First Fright"
Arch Enemy's "Ravenous"
Mushroomhead's "Solataire Unraveling"
A video from Halford
Death's "The Philosopher"
Otep's "Blood Pigs"
Sworn Enemy's "Sworn Enemy"
Buckethead's "The Ballad of Buckethead"
and I think two more videos.
Don't tell me that those weren't good videos.
Then last Saturday they had Slayer on there and I f***ing missed it!

Ugh, I still can't believe HATEBREED's vocalist asked to show a Death video. What a joke..I hate Hatebreed. :Smug: Headbanger's Ball in general has been okay only because they show Hate Eternal's "Powers that Be" and it's the funniest video ever. :Spin:

Sorry, but Death is the only worthwhile band I see on your list, though I saw a SYL video on it the other day! The video sucked, but I was impressed that it was there.:)

Doesn't seem too bad. No real nu metal. It seems like the Headbangers Ball is better than the old one. The old Headbangers Ball used to be 90% glam, which IMO is worse than nu metal. I'd take Slipknot over Motley Crue any day, though both suck.

the slayer episode was pretty good. 3 slayer videos. people were really skeptical about it, but i think its proven everyone wrong. i watch the ball every week
~gR~

I still can't believe I saw an Opeth video last saturday! When I heard that Hatebreed guy say "Here's Opeth with 'Windowpane'", my jaw dropped. The video sucked but to hear such a band on Headbanger's Ball(This is MTV2,people!) made me realize how big the genre is getting. Quite frankly, the last thing I want to see is metal back on the mainstream....think about all the false fans that all of a sudden get into it just cause it's the new craze and worse, think of all the radio stations over-playing it and force feeding it down our throats! But I guess in reality, that'll never happen....atleast with most bands. All the good bands just don't play radio-accessible songs....I mean can you really picture hearing a 10-minute long intricate Opeth song on the radio?
But anyway, as long as Headbanger's Ball stays where it is, I don't really have a problem with it....I just wish they wouldn't play so much black and death metal, it's really getting annoying.

ic ould give a goddamn what the next person thinks about hbb, i thinks its awesome, it finally gets heavy music on tv and i love hatebreed and the episode with slayer on it owned, and the slayer dvd owns

They do indeed have a decent selection of extreme metal, but it is a very limited one....and interspersed with lots of lame stuff.

I suppose it's still MTV.....so....what they do have is welcome exposure.

Still.

Well. Bah.

It's not really worth staying-up for imo. I like the mornings.

In my opinion, I'm not a huge fan of Headbanger's Ball. I just don't like the fact that all these good metal bands are being exposed on TV. Don't get me wrong, this music deserves to be heard, just not on a channel like MTV2. Besides, true fans who would actually enjoy the genre for what it is wouldn't be looking for it on MTV2. Plus, I don't want the bands I like to be commercial, I don't wanna see a bunch of little ignorant kids running around with Death shirts. The metal genre is obscure for a reason....Ah, remember that word?

I missed a DEATH video! FUCK!

Anyway, it's been decent since it started. Tom Araya was on last time and they played 3 Slayer vids (Bloodline, Raining Blood from the new DVD, and Seasons in the Abyss). There have been some good moments, especially when they played a Neurosis vid (though i can't remember thename of the song).

The Neurosis video was "Stones From the Sky".... the last song on Sun that Never Sets. I consider it amazing that a Neurosis video from their DVD got played on MTV, their music is about as anti-mainstream as it gets.

As for the people that don't like good bands being played because of the "false fans that just get into it because its the new craze" i think you need to lighten up or at least give people a little more credit. This is metal, not pop punk. It isnt gonna happen with extreme metal, and if a couple people do, who cares. I have not met more than three people that listen to good metal.

I watch it week in week out and love seeing my fav bands on their cause you know somewhere slipknot fans are are relizing they havn't heard anything close to underground