headbanger's journey

The movie was obviously a North American view, seeing as it was directed, produced, and filmed by a Canadian..

You're hobby is you're life, if you havn't noticed. Hockey for example (lol canada), some people go to watch every minor leage game they can because its cheap and fun to watch, watching and discussing hockey is waht they love to do. They can go to work during the day and do wahtever, but doesnt mean their work is their life, although in some cases it probably is. Similar to Metal, some people I know spend the $5 to get into small locakl shows to see small metal bands and do nothing but talk about metal.

yes of course it is because he is canadian, and like heartless said it is probably unintentional. Now... u can do that, but don't call it anthropology. if you want to show off your college degree and make a scientific movie it is your duty to know the facts!

and don't go to wacken, "study" the behaviour of european people and interpret it from the north american point of view. you can't go to sweeden, "study" hockey there and get the conclusion of why canadians like hockey

Those people that are "conservative" are assholes, it happens in every genre of music

yes, and that is the irony. he claims that one of the reasons headbangers get toguether is their open mindness and disregard for popular culture, when in fact the only thing they are doing is creating their own closed minded beliefs with a conservative view of bands that are is good or bad, or popular and uncool. not a good explanation

The point of the movie was to let people know its more than just a bunch of 13 year old kids with slipknot shirts yelling and screaming and being annoying.

maybe... but the conclusions of the movie were pretty weak. heavy metal in the end is not a kind of people, it varies from country to country, people have different reasons to like it and making a movie generalizing it is repulsive
(i do agree that he at least did a fair job in classifying metal generes and telling the history, but the whole logic behind it is crap)

Hey ! That's an opinion !!! There's no right or wrong opinion you moron !
Everyone got his own and know one can tell that's not the good one cause...it's your way of thiking !

oh great, the 12 years old girl is trying to be deep (with whole 2 lines)

right and wrong are points of view, OK , but if you want to expose your ideas and be taken seriously you have to at least follow certain logic. all i'm doing is point out that the logic of the movie is biased, that is not a matter of choosing

I'm pretty sure the guy (Sam) with the degree put a lot more thought into his movie than you have trying to criticize it. And he also knows what he's doing so until you get a degree don't question him.

kthx

I don't remember him ever saying that metalheads are more open minded then people who prefer other genres of music...

And it wasn't just "Europeon people", at Wacken. Wacken is people from all over the world, and has GREAT diverstiy in the bands on its bill, from hardcore Death and Black metal, to Power Metal and Thrash. By the way, "Europe", isnt a culture, its a continent. Its like Grouping Mexico and Canada as one culture.

Varies from Country to Country? Are you saying Germans have a different reason for liking metal than the Sedish, or the Italians like it for other reasons than Canadians? The point is its somthing enjoyed worldwide, and has a very wide selection of different styles, but you don't have to be Scandinavian to like Folk or Black Metal.

Metalheads ARE a kind of people. What you love is what you are, and a metalhead is someone who loves metal. Go to a Jazz show, then to a Metal show. You get completely different reactions from the fans, and both are enjoyed all over the world.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie. It was seemed like it was made to introduce metal to people who didin't really know waht metal was, but the only people watching it are metalheads.

i throw my opinion because i have a tendency of being always right,but that is not my point here, if u read i'm asking for people's opinions abount the documentary

lol @ Cuntcos superiority complex.