Headin' to Hollywood!

HEY HEY!

It's 4:39am Wed morning here in Hollywood.. at the hotel about a block from Hollywood Boulevard. Just got back before from the 20th Anniversary Cathouse party at the Key Club. The lineup was:
Rhino Bucket - featuring Brian "Damage" Forsythe of the mighty KIX! They were rockin, similar to Johnny Crash, LA metal version of AC/DC.
Jetboy! Then Bang Tango, original lineup!
Then the Tracii Guns lineup of LA Guns, and for the last song (Rip & Tear) Phil Lewis got up to join them! So maybe they will work out their differences and get back together!
Then Metal Skool (unbelievable as always!) got up for a few songs...
Then Faster Pussycat were the headliner, and I love them so it was unreal! But they didn't play my 2 favourite songs, Smash Alley & Where There's A Whip There's A Way.
Then the nite finished with an all-star jam with was great coz it included STEPHEN PEARCY of RATT!!!!!!!! And he sung a Priest cover (You've Got Another Thing Comin') and then Round & Round!!!! Dizzy Reed was on keys too, he also played in Starfuckers last week at the Cat Club which was rockin, we're playing with them this Thursday night there.

On Sunday night we played the Whisky with the Phil Lewis/Steve Riley lineup of LA Guns which was fun, apart from terrible foldback and sound on stage, but we got an awesome reaction from the crowd which was unreal. The band Revlon Red from Hollywood who we have been organising stuff with are UNREAL too!!! Great image & whole package & stageshow and sound... very cool band. And such nice guys too!

We are getting more appreciation here than back home... We got FRONT PAGE of Rock City News, which is the LA equivalent of Beat Magazine (but the hard rock one). And I mean, the entire front cover was designed & themed around a whole page picture of us!! We don't get anything like that here in Melbourne... We are being recognised in places coz of it and all, it's great. I almost feel more at home here than in Melbourne coz everyone is so nice and I've got to know the area and clubs so well... (Been at the Rainbow every night for a week now!)

There are some bad things about here though!
1. Bottle shops close at 1am.
2. Clubs have to close at 2am.
3. The streets are dead by 2:30am.
4. Strip clubs SUCK here!!!

Otherwise, I'm havin a ball... Got 3 gigs comin up at the end of the week which I cant wait for. Cat Club on Thurs, my birthday, which is with the Starfuckers & Revlon Red on Sunset Strip (next to The Whisky), Paladino's in the valley on Fri with Pretty Boy Floyd, and Orange County with Toxic Twist on Sat!

Oh I have seen Metal Skool twice here and they are amaaaaaaaaaaazing! So good! Hilarous, great setlist, top notch musicans, the sound production is unmatched, and the singer can go from Brian Johnson era AC/DC to the smoothest Steve Perry of Journey voice and nail everything! At the show last week, they held up Rock City News and mentioned us then dedicated Don't Stop Believin' by Journey to Julian! By the way, there were a few cool guests last week! Jani Lane sung Round & Round by Ratt with Bobby Blotzer of Ratt on drums and John Corabi on rhythm guitar! Scott Ian also got up to play rhythm guitar on Youth Gone Wild...

Anyway, I'm gonna have some more drinks then hit the sack... tomorrow is my first quiet day with nothing big on since I've been in the country! (Mexico & Las Vegas were fuckin nuts!!!)

BYE!!!!!

Blitzkrieg said:
It is awesome to hear that, not just because of how fun it sounds, but because I know that no-one would be loving it as much as the Trashman. :kickass:

That's what I was thinking too! He's been building up to this for as long as I've known him!

Hey Hey!
Thanks guys yeah it's been a blast so far!!! I also forgot to even mention Lemmy also performed at the Cathouse haha.

I gotta say, Metal Skool are the best band I've seen probably! 3 times now, they are fuckin ROCKIN! The singer is a freak of nature, the only person I have heard who can go from 100% nailing the rough voice of Brian Johnson on Back In Black one song, then 100% nailing the silky smooth voice of Steve Perry on Don't Stop Believin'! The guitarist is unbelievable, the band are just so tight... and I don't know any other city in the world where an 80s metal cover band can sell out a huge club every single week on a Monday night!

It's my birthday today and we're playing tonight at The Cat Club on the strip so that's gonna be HEAPS of fun - what a way to spend my birthday!!!! And tomorrow night - PRETTY BOY FLOYD!!!!!

Bought a new wireless pack for that show coz the stage at that venue is AWESOME, we have a full hour set (and the best support slot too, 11pm right before Pretty Boy Floyd), VH1 will be there to film something for some doco, and we're also having the gig filmed with 3 cameras so it's gonna be great!

Congrats buddy! It sounds like you're having a blast. Well deserved too.
Rock on, and shoot some sherbet.

:headbang::headbang:

I think my guitar playing is pretty ordinary! I'm enjoying bass at the moment, less thinking to do and more freedom to just rock out and run around the stage! We all bought wirelesses here so it's been rockin not being restrained by leads!

Well today is my last day, it's Monday afternoon at the moment, I'm finishing packing up my bag and stuff, trying to kill my unbearable hangover from last night with more booze, coz I know that being hungover on an 18 hour flight won't be pretty, and I flight out tonight back to Melbourne.

It's been alot of fun, but gone too fast! In alot of ways it just felt like home too, not like I was away! The shows were mostly great, the response was great, some cool stuff has happened for us, we've had alot of fun, met alot of unreaaal girls, and I don't wanna come home to the 9 to 5 working world in Melbourne again! :(

Can't wait to come back here!!!! It's a great city!