HEADLESS CROSS TOUR

Well, the tour was set to start tomorrow night!
Has ANYONE seen any local advertising?

I don't think one Blabbermouth posting would have done it for a tour like this.

Sorry to sound brutal, but it never ceases to amaze me how clueless some promoters are. A tour like this, properly planned and routed with a solid US band opening, could have done quite well.

I suppose many bands have the "Book em and they will come" attitude, but it takes more than that.

Well, the tour was set to start tomorrow night!
Has ANYONE seen any local advertising?

I don't think one Blabbermouth posting would have done it for a tour like this.

Sorry to sound brutal, but it never ceases to amaze me how clueless some promoters are. A tour like this, properly planned and routed with a solid US band opening, could have done quite well.

I suppose many bands have the "Book em and they will come" attitude, but it takes more than that.

I agree. This tour would've taken some hard work for it to be remotley successful. Let's face it, not too many people know or even care who Tony is. With that said, I love his era with Sabbath and was really syked to see this. :erk:

~Brian~

Me too!!!!!!
I wish I had gotten into it sooner.
Once Iommi released Seventh Star, I was done with Sabbath. That was the last new studio Sabbath I ever purchased.

It wasn't until the last 4 years or so that I chose to finally check out the Tony Martin era. I am VERY glad I did!

^^^Good to see you're on board with the TM era Jasonic! Seventh Star turned off about 95% of the fan base back in the day, I remember it quite well, and unfortunately for Tony he had to come after that, but he was killer while he was there, too bad its cancelled, I was planning on seeing this, damn!

Once Iommi released Seventh Star, I was done with Sabbath.

Seventh Star turned off about 95% of the fan base back in the day, I remember it quite well, and unfortunately for Tony he had to come after that,...

I've read in several places that both Iommi and Hughes didn't want Seventh Star to be a Sabbath album. Due to pressures from the record company, they were forced to use the name. At least that's there side of the story. Personally, I love the album, but I agree it's not Sabbath. It strictly should have been marketed as the first Iommi/Hughes project.

~Brian~

^^^True, it was initially intended to be an Iommi solo project. The label wanted the Sabbath name to boost sales, hence the official band title is "Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi"...anyways, solo, Sabbath, or otherwise, its merely average, not terrible, but far from great.

^^^True, it was initially intended to be an Iommi solo project. The label wanted the Sabbath name to boost sales, hence the official band title is "Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi"...anyways, solo, Sabbath, or otherwise, its merely average, not terrible, but far from great.

If you take it for what it is, an aor/hair metal album, then it's great. By any stretch, you can't go into expecting anything close to Sabbath. It sounds more like Whitesnake than anything. There's a killer blues tune on there as well!

~Brian~

Found this on a myspace blog:

Friday, July 10, 2009

Cancelled Tour
Yes its off!!!!

We did everything we could to get to you guys, and right up to the last minute we were negotiating it. We couldnt get contracts agreed, or financial arrangements agreed, and even the artwork and advertisements caused problems.

The word being put out is "personal and creative differences" Well it CERTAINLY wasnt creative!!!!! The band are absolutely FLYING!!!!! The last few days spent in rehearsals was awesome!!!! Nothing wrong with our creativity i can promise!!!

And personal?!!! What the heck is that!!! The band is closer than ever!!

Nah... I'm afraid its business shit that is the problem this time. Just pure business shit!!!

We are sickened to the core that we werent able to get over there, and there are some that will be celebrating that. Well HA!! He who laughs last....

Now we travel to Brazil where we will unveil the new set.

Its an exciting but frustrating time and we offer our deepest and most sincere appologies to you that intended to support us. We wont forget that.

Best Wishes

TM