Headphones

Under a Stone

Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Can anyone suggest me a good pair of headphones since mine have decreased in quality and efficiently. I'm not looking for one of those noise-cancelling headphones(though i wouldn't mind having a pair of those but most of the time you have to answer the phone and the door) but something that will bring out the ambience very well and relatively affordable.

I have a great set of Panasonic headphones, for the price they are pretty sweet (about $30).
PC.PAN.RPHT355.JPG

Model #PAN RPHT355

They have a superlong cord which gets in the way sometimes, but they work great for watching movies too.

Sometimes i like to listen to my music with i'm going to work and back. I can't really imagine myself walking around wearing those but thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah I don't wear these in public. :p Try a set of in-ear ones with the tunnel thingies so they actually have some bass. Sony used to make a set but discontinued them (I think). Nice and discreet but still sound good.

From what I've used, unless they are a nice (aka expensive) in-ear set or surround the whole ear like above, they sound like shite.

Erik said:
They go deeper into the ear than most earplugs, having a soft foam type design, which gives much more bass and generally a better sound supposedly.

i have a pair of those i and i've found them to be pretty sucky. the bass is OK though not the monster KOSS is trying to advertise it as, but the main downer is the treble since it's missing, almost ;) it's really bad anyway. they isolate pretty good though

i'd recomend these. they're very portable and has gotten great reviews. there's also a model just below (px 100) costing some 9 dollars less

(edit: i use a pair of these though i didn't pay at all that much for them when i bought them on ebay. they roxors a helluva lot)