HEADPHONES!!!!

People are actually wearing Dre Beats and other dookie-sized over-the-ear headphones to the gym?
Yeah... it's getting more and more common, especially among guys.

For what it's worth, these are considered more on-ear than over-ear, because of the size of the actual headphone. They're very light and comfortable. Honestly, I notice them less than my in-ears, because my in-ears were constantly needing to be reseated.

What's great about these headphones? I need a nice pair for work.
Are you talking about the ones I mentioned or another pair?

i tell you what I noticed ... headphones are a HUGE market right now ... all the run of the mill mid-fi Audio manufacturers that's all they push nowadays ... they are all in the headphones business.
Polk Audio, Klipsch, Denon, etc ...

I even called out Polk Audio on their FB page some time ago as to how come I never see them push their speakers at all ... always headphones. but then i figured there is only 1 Ken to 100 Jerrys

mobile is big fucking biz ...

I simply slide my cd walkman in to my shorts, only time they are noticeable is if I were to lie down on a crunch machine, at which point I gently place it on the floor. As for the phones, the Hawkings are ridiculously comfortable and look fairly fashionable worn atop of a crusty gym assigned ball cap. That is a must in this hacienda, to avoid being accosted with, "where you from puto?" This city is fucking disgusting, like living in HBO's OZ. I need a good sound going in to my orejas, and if I have to look like Jack Tripper to get it, so it shall be.

@lurch: the headphone market reminds me of the boutique bike parts explosion in the mid 90s. Do you remember? That market fell apart because *everyone* was making parts and most of them were shit. I'm looking forward to the same thing happening to the headphone market. They're annoying.

@ Jerry. For the music you listen to mostly, stick with the SR80i's. The 225i is definitely better than the 80i (more bass extension, a little more "punch", warmer presentation while still retaining that forward grado "house sound", more open, more "meat on the bones", and better inner detail) but you're not gonna really benefit from it while listening to dirty underground DM/BM for the most part. You really notice the difference when listening to better produced albums/music.

Tbh, the 80i's don't give up much and are perfect for what they are and a fucking steal at their pricepoint.

@ Jerry. For the music you listen to mostly, stick with the SR80i's. The 225i is definitely better than the 80i (more bass extension, a little more "punch", warmer presentation while still retaining that forward grado "house sound", more open, more "meat on the bones", and better inner detail) but you're not gonna really benefit from it while listening to dirty underground DM/BM for the most part. You really notice the difference when listening to better produced albums/music.

Tbh, the 80i's don't give up much and are perfect for what they are and a fucking steal at their pricepoint.

Thanks for the heads, but what if I want to pop on Pink Floyd some day? Yea the 80is are perfect for Bluuuuuurgh and Spooooork, I agree.:kickass:

I know this has been brought up before but there is no search function here at good 'ol UM, soooo.... I am in the market, once again, for a good pair of headphones. The MOST I will pay is $100, on the extreme end. I want some amazing sound quality; rumbling lows and clear highs. Any savants in the topic have any input???

:Smokin: