HEADPHONES!!!!

Is it my imagination or is it really trendy right now for "celebrities" to "design" headphones?
I saw something the other day about 50 cent coming out with a line of phones. As if that fucking retard went and got his electrical engineering degree recently

i would have never thought that those Beats phones would turn out to be so popular ... 200 bucks for them shits ...

although i think kids just steal them off of each other ...

My kid bro wanted a pair, since that's what every teen is jonesing for at the moment. I promptly shook my head, dropped some N bombs, and gave him my Senns. Haven't heard a peep about it since.

I've been searching for the perfect headphones to use at the gym for a while now. My primary requirements, sound being the obvious one, are comfort, cord length/thickness, and the ability to actually stay in my ears without having to be reseated every five minutes. I've been through some of the more popular choices of in-ear headphones:

Bose IE2
Klipsch IMAGE S4
Philips SHE9850
Shure SE115

However, all of these ultimately failed to meet my requirements for one reason or another. I decided maybe it was time to try an over-ear or on-ear headphone. I've been seeing a ton of folks walking around my gym with the Beats. I really like their aesthetics, and have no desire to walk around with something on my head the size of my Sennheiser HD555. That said, I don't really care for the idea of sporting a Dr. Dre product. Regardless, I started to research the Beats. I found that they're pure crap; absolutely no highs or mids, and of poor physical construction. That led me to check out the SOL HD. Similar physical profile and made by a start-up company (by the guy who led the project to develop Beats). Aside from being slightly cheaper, their sound and construction (based on every review I read) is superior to that of Beats.

The sound is excellent, the chord length is perfect, they're very comfortable to wear, and they stay on my head regardless of whether I'm doing weights or cardio. The other impressive thing about them is, how portable they are. The chord detaches from the can, the can slides off the band, and both the can and the band are interchangeable (apparently the plan is to sell just the can separately, with different sound designs).

SOL_TracksHD_111113_PackagingShot_black.jpg

It's really big on base...everyone does it. I have the Bose earbuds and they are perfect, I wrap the extra cord length around my mp3 player for upper body lifting

i really want a pair of those Grado i80's ....

Do you want to buy mine at a discount? And by discount I mean prob just $20 since they're brand fucking new. I want to get a pair of the 225i's. Grado ftwwwwwwww! $80 if you want them, just because you're a swell fucking guy, I'll even toss in the sennheiser yellow cushies. If not, it's all good. :kickass:

Do you want to buy mine at a discount? And by discount I mean prob just $20 since they're brand fucking new. I want to get a pair of the 225i's. Grado ftwwwwwwww! $80 if you want them, just because you're a swell fucking guy, I'll even toss in the sennheiser yellow cushies. If not, it's all good. :kickass:

thanks Jerry ... not ready yet ...
i'll probably just go into Grado in Brooklyn and pick up a pair when ready.

isn't the difference between the 80 and 225 just more bass extension on the 225? will that even be noticeable off of a walkman?

thanks Jerry ... not ready yet ...
i'll probably just go into Grado in Brooklyn and pick up a pair when ready.

isn't the difference between the 80 and 225 just more bass extension on the 225? will that even be noticeable off of a walkman?

You talking Sony Cassette walkman here?

Yea, thats one of the differences, as well as being more open, smooth, etc etc...The 225 is supposedly the "sweet spot" in the line up as far bang-for-buck. The Grados are the equivalent to Klipsch speakers...very high sensitivity rating, dynamic, and VERY easily driven. They have no problem straight out of an iPod.