Hear the new Nightwish vocalist

Pretty voice, but not strong enough on sample to sing what Tarja can sing. She can sing Within Temptation, but maybe not Nightwish.

lol, cause it's Sharon Den Adel. At least I assume it is, only thing that jumped in my head right off the bat when i listened to the clip. Doesn't make any sense though.

If it really is her, the Matrix is calling they want their mind fuck back.

After taking that clip and running it thru a voice analyzer, and then comparing it to other voice sample analysis that i have done. I am pleased to announce i can finally say I know who the new NIGHTWISH singer is!!!!!
It's none other than.......................................................................

J-Dubya in drag!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how pretty you dress me up, and no matter how heavy the full Marshall stack you park on my beanbag, I would NEVER be able to sing that nice! :lol:

Since there's a clip out now I'm hoping that means it's only a matter of time before the whole thing is leaked (preferably in less than a week).

I liked it, but I agree that she might not be able to do the really powerful stuff. hopefully that doesnt mean they will vere away from the more powerful stuff like Planet Hell.

She's got a NICE voice (at least for the mellow stuff)! I like her voice better than Tarja's because she has a loose enough style (not confined to singing rigidly operatic), yet still sounds beautifully classical. Some feeling there too. I would like to see how she can project and the amount of heart (feeling) that she'd have with a heavy song though.

lol, cause it's Sharon Den Adel. At least I assume it is, only thing that jumped in my head right off the bat when i listened to the clip. Doesn't make any sense though.

If it really is her, the Matrix is calling they want their mind fuck back.

It is most definitely NOT Sharon Den Adel! Her voice is too weak/untrained to hit those all of those notes that accurately. She is unqualified for the level of vocalist that NW deserves! Besides, why would want to join NW when WT is doing well enough to be on a major US tour with Lacuna Coil?

Beautiful ballad is a good means to introduce the new singer, but I can't wait to hear the lady switching it on full metal mode. She sounds lovely and definitely is able to deliver the feelings in her voice, a precious talent which can be heard even in this short clip from Eva, but one of the main criteria the band set for the new singer was versatility. Since she must be able to perform all the old standards, there'll be no doubt that Nightwish have found the one they were looking for. In a week we'll know her name, so still a few days for placing bets and making sophisticated guesses... :saint:

I too will wait to hear something harder before I decide. Nightwish is Power Metal and if she can't belt out the hard and fast stuff Nightwish is definately not back, baby.

They now have a 38 second clip on the official NW site too, slightly longer than the clip posted earlier: Eva (sample)

Sounds like a great fit to me at least! Of course gotta wait to hear how she handles the more powerful stuff though to make the final judgement..

This news appeared this morning in Finnish at www.nightwish.com and now it's translated in English at Blabbermouth.net
Due to a leak of the new NIGHTWISH single, "Eva", via an as-yet-undisclosed source in the United Kingdom, Finnish symphonic metal band NIGHTWISH will begin selling the Internet-only single "Eva" and reveal the name of the new singer earlier than previously planned.

"Eva" will be released in Finland via NetAnttila on Friday, May 25. "Eva" will receive a Finnish radio premiere on Radio Rock and YleX Friday morning at 7:00 a.m.

The identity of the new NIGHTWISH singer will be revealed on Thursday, May 24 at 5:00 p.m. Finnish time. First the news will appear on www.nightwish.com and soon after Spinefarm Records will send a bulletin to all media.

Well, it's nonsense to think Nightwish isn't going to get a capable vocalist. Going by that sample alone and saying it's better than Tarja is a little premature, don't you think? Like I've said before, I don't give a rat's ass what happened between her and the band. I don't listen to metal hoping for a soap opera. I'm simply hoping Nightwish continues the legacy that they were in the process of building.

~Brian~

Well, it's nonsense to think Nightwish isn't going to get a capable vocalist. Going by that sample alone and saying it's better than Tarja is a little premature, don't you think? Like I've said before, I don't give a rat's ass what happened between her and the band. I don't listen to metal hoping for a soap opera. I'm simply hoping Nightwish continues the legacy that they were in the process of building.

~Brian~

Well put. Way too early to tell anything.