Hear the new Nightwish vocalist

It is most definitely NOT Sharon Den Adel! Her voice is too weak/untrained to hit those all of those notes that accurately. She is unqualified for the level of vocalist that NW deserves! Besides, why would want to join NW when WT is doing well enough to be on a major US tour with Lacuna Coil?

I saw them live over a week ago and I disagree with you to the fullest. For me, the best female vocalist I have seen, yet. Clean, absolutely clear and on key, just perfect!

And to be honest, I have to admit that when I heard the clip, I thought of Sharon right away. But I guess we'll all find out tomorrow.

OK, here it goes. Tomorrow I will be in the chatroom ready to discuss the new singer. If the chat is down, I will open a chatbox on Yahoo Messenger. My ID is stingray11214. I wlll open up at 0930 AM EST. I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Peace,
Ray C.

Is the first sample song called by Nightwish, Eva?

Isn't that the name of Sharon Den Adel's baby in December 2005?

I don't know who it is, but that seems like quite a coincidence.

The baby's name is Luna, not Eva :)

I saw them live over a week ago and I disagree with you to the fullest. For me, the best female vocalist I have seen, yet. Clean, absolutely clear and on key, just perfect!
I saw them just over two weeks ago and I agree. Charismatic as well. :kickass:

The baby's name is Luna, not Eva :)

I saw them just over two weeks ago and I agree. Charismatic as well. :kickass:
I believe the baby's name is actually Eva Luna. Both. On a side note: Jukka's daughter's name is Luna. Not that it's relevant.

And to be honest, I have to admit that when I heard the clip, I thought of Sharon right away. But I guess we'll all find out tomorrow.
What I was going on was what I have heard before, a few years ago, when I was checking them out for the first time. Every now and then I'd hear a note in a live song that just didn't sound right. Or an occasionally annoying sound to her voice. Don't get me wrong, WT do have catchy songs and she does sing nicely more often than not but, I always felt that she needed some more work on her voice. If she has improved, then good. The timing couldn't better, since they seem to be doing well.

As far as the the new NW singer being Astrid from Ambeon, the styles are different but, the voices do sound similar. Different band, different style of singing maybe? I guess we'll see in a few hours...

What I was going on was what I have heard before, a few years ago, when I was checking them out for the first time. Every now and then I'd hear a note in a live song that just didn't sound right. Or an occasionally annoying sound to her voice. Don't get me wrong, WT do have catchy songs and she does sing nicely more often than not but, I always felt that she needed some more work on her voice. If she has improved, then good. The timing couldn't better, since they seem to be doing well.

As far as the the new NW singer being Astrid from Ambeon, the styles are different but, the voices do sound similar. Different band, different style of singing maybe? I guess we'll see in a few hours...

Thanks Kev

As for Sharon (yeah I know we'll find out in a couple hours), I thought that Nightwish said that they didn't want to break up an established group to find a new singer or something. And Within Temptation is one of the highest selling metal acts out there as it is...