Heartkiller

I never understood the interest in HIM I mean if you wanted to listen to gothic rock, there's a whole slew of talented bands like christian death, fields of the nephilim, sisters of mercy, siouxsie and such - all of which are pretty accessible but with a heavy mood and great songs - I'm sure there's even a gothic rock scene today that blows HIM out of the water. HIM sounds fake and commercial, like it was strictly written for pre-teens - it's the musical version of Twlight.

nope it isn't, because while being commercial as fuck it is not morally obnoxious and eyeclawingly stupid. Mr. Vallo surely knows how to party and is as such insanely better than twilight. Also he's kinda hot.

I never understood the interest in HIM I mean if you wanted to listen to gothic rock, there's a whole slew of talented bands like christian death, fields of the nephilim, sisters of mercy, siouxsie and such - all of which are pretty accessible but with a heavy mood and great songs - I'm sure there's even a gothic rock scene today that blows HIM out of the water. HIM sounds fake and commercial, like it was strictly written for pre-teens - it's the musical version of Twlight.

they're a love metal band :oops:

I've actually always like HIM, and I'm coming out loud and proud (!) to say that 'Razorblade Romance' is a brilliant album. But I have to agree, 'Hearkiller' does sound very generic. 'Venus Doom' had a lot of new ideas and I think that's a good album too.

Yeah, there really isn't anything metal about them, apart from some of the doomy moments in Venus Doom. It's just catchy rock songs about chicks. And I have no problem with that... although it's getting a bit samey.

1510883-1262637119-13236991231005390thSMILEYicwatudidthar.gif

Been a huge HIM fan since 2004, own shit loads of HIM CDs, vinyl, merch etc etc even have a HIM tattoo. Didnt think Heartkiller was that great when I first heard it, but after a few listens I really love. Managed to get tickets to the valentines day gig in London so that should be awesome. I used to have this viewpoint that anyone that didnt like HIM was a dick, but if you dont like a band then thats fine, theres bands I really cant stand either but meh. I think it all comes down to personal taste, although perhaps a few metal heads dont want to admit the HIM love :lol:

EDIT. Also meant to add this in, I think alot of people judge HIM on their newer stuff, so heres a few songs off their first album, maybe you might like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
People who don't admit to their own tastes are idiots. I hate that shit...are you afraid the people won't accept you? Wankers, that whole lot are.

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but dude, I've been lurking in this forum way before I became a member and you're just being a hipocrite...why? because I've seen recent comments in were you've insulted bands that you suppousely liked --- ej.. dork tranquillity? wasn't projector one of your all time fave albums? :)

I call Darkthrone, Dorkthrone...I can make fun of bands, nothing wrong with that. And Projector is the only album by Dark Tranquillity that I can tolerate....even so, I haven't listened to it fully in about 2-3 years. I admit I listened to a lot of bands in the past I don't now, but I'll never try to cover it up...nice try.

And it was never one of my all time favorite albums...

I actually remember the thread too, Stefan and Martijn would probably remember too, even Adam.