Hearts Fall For Danny Tanner

Ganks

Nov 1, 2009
Let me know what you think about this band..
http://www.myspace.com/heartsfallfordannytanner

They're the biggest local band here.

Also..
What do you think about their recording quality?
Their guitarist has the only studio around in the area and ALL of the local bands record with him.

I'm trying to 1 UP him..

Let me know what you think!
Just trying to get opinions.

:)

Thanks.

Haha.

What do you think of the recording quality?

Those recordings are examples of someone who spent 30K on a degree at Full Sail.

Hard to judge from Myspace quality.

Just because someone went to Full Sail doesn't mean shit... to me at least, I have had engineers come into my venue that are FS grads to mix touring national bands and it sounds like asshole.

OH god my band played a show with them here in Albany, I used to go to school with the chick in that band... I have heard some of the guy's recordings, If I'm not mistaken he recorded Neural Implosion, right? If he did, it sounded okay, but I have heard way better shit here on the forums. My drummer told me that they won't record you unless you play bullshit scene music so :rolleyes:

OH god my band played a show with them here in Albany, I used to go to school with the chick in that band... I have heard some of the guy's recordings, If I'm not mistaken he recorded Neural Implosion, right? If he did, it sounded okay, but I have heard way better shit here on the forums. My drummer told me that they won't record you unless you play bullshit scene music so :rolleyes:

Yeah, man.

He recorded Neural Implosion.
And I've heard much better stuff too. :D

That's why I'm trying to get better than him.
I wasn't saying I was impressed by the Full Sail education. I was sort of saying the opposite. Haha.

@LODGE

Where are you from, and what band are you in?
I'm from Thomasville. :)

I live in albany, little over an hour away from Valdosta. My band is Colossal Catastrophe. If you ever want a band to practice on gimme a holler lol. Like I said, I heard the guy's stuff and I wasn't really impressed, and the fact that he has the elitist, snobby attitude really doesn't help.

Dude I have been looking all around here for bands to record!
They are so few and far between around here, it seems.

What kind of music do you play?
I'd love to record you guys!

We play a pretty broad mix of progressive/death/power/thrash lol. I would just say we are a true metal band, main influences being that of Blind Guardian, Nevermore and Opeth if I had to put a label on it. I have couple of extremely shitty recordings that we did years ago, before I knew about this place. Since then I've been collecting equipment so I can try to get everything properly recorded. If you are interested I can hook you up with some links to hear a little of what we sound like.

Wow, it definitely took me an embarrassingly long time to consider that there might be an Albany in GA (as well as the one that's the capital of NY :D), so I was quite confused for a moment :loco:

Anyway, carry on! :lol:

Yeah man, I would love to hear!

I'm currently getting my control room and live room setup. (i'm getting new stuff for christmas and doing some rearranging.)

Basically, I'm turning the room I'm in now (i mix and track in the same room), into a live room, and taking my CPU and shit over to the room across the hall.

Once I get all that squared away, I will contact you about getting your band in here. :)

Does that sound alright?

Wow, it definitely took me an embarrassingly long time to consider that there might be an Albany in GA (as well as the one that's the capital of NY :D), so I was quite confused for a moment :loco:

Anyway, carry on! :lol:

Haha.

I thought someone might mention this.

Albany GA is TINY, along with Thomasville. :kickass:

Hell yeah that sounds good to me! Here are some rough demos of what we do, and I do mean rough lol.

This is one of our death tunes, SHITTIEST recording ever lol:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1919835/raptureoverhauled.mp3

Here is a more recent one we are working on, more progressive touch:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1919835/11-13.mp3

I know these recordings are very amatuer sounding, but really they are only for sharing between me and the other guitarist. So if you are still interested after hearing, I'm definitely down! I work from home as a medical transcriptionist, so I can up and haul ass out of town whenever needed :headbang:

I record country/folk bands as well as all types of rock, hip-hop, and club/dance music.

and I only paid $37,000 for my Full Sail Education so I guess that is why my mixes sound soooo bad. haha. We are about to post new songs, I encourage everyone to check those out and compare the qualities. Let me know what you think!

-Bert Connell

R/C Recordings

I record country/folk bands as well as all types of rock, hip-hop, and club/dance music.

and I only paid $37,000 for my Full Sail Education so I guess that is why my mixes sound soooo bad. haha. We are about to post new songs, I encourage everyone to check those out and compare the qualities. Let me know what you think!

-Bert Connell

R/C Recordings

Hey Bert,

Welcome to the forum? Haha.

I wasn't saying your recordings are bad, by any means.
I was basically saying I can't see justification in spending so much money on education you can learn on your own. :)

I'm ready to hear you guys' new stuff, too!
When is it coming out?

Well what you don't realize is that you don't know how to work with a Neve console that is worth $500,000 and I do because I went to school for it. You don't know how to integrate outboard gear into your mixes. I do. You have never played around with $5,000 compressors. I have. It all comes down to experience man. That's why I get payed. I have experience and people feel confident to come and record with me because they know it is gonna sound good. And because bands rely on me to give them production tips, just like When Kings Fall. How good do you think your song would have sounded without my help?

That's why I get payed. When we doin Miley Cyrus?

Well what you don't realize is that you don't know how to work with a Neve console that is worth $500,000 and I do because I went to school for it. You don't know how to integrate outboard gear into your mixes. I do. You have never played around with $5,000 compressors. I have. It all comes down to experience man. That's why I get payed. I have experience and people feel confident to come and record with me because they know it is gonna sound good. And because bands rely on me to give them production tips, just like When Kings Fall. How good do you think your song would have sounded without my help?

This is just what I hate about you assholes that went to FS. You're smug and think you're hot shit. What you said above doesn't mean anything. I can mix on a Neve and I never went to Full Sail. Any audio engineer can read a manual for a console and figure out that the experience is about the same with any other console they've worked on, just difference functions are located in different places.... and I'm guessing you don't have a Neve in your studio, do you?

and I guess Full Sail didn't didn't have any grammar classes, it's PAID for christ sake

Yet when it comes to working in the real world you're gonna be totally fucked, because unless you have half a mil to throw on a Neve, working on a neve means nothing.
All you have is a hilarious, over-inflated ego because you got to play with some big toys.

Welcome to seeing first hand what the rest of the AE world thinks of Full Sail grads, enjoy your stay at the forum.