Hearts Fall For Danny Tanner

Also "Bringing a new sense of focus to a genre that has drowned in a cesspool of stereotypes, HFFDT revives hardcore and metal with music and lyrics that are forged in the fires of real life tribulation and strife."

This alone is a cesspool of stereotype. HEY WE ARE <HURRHURR IRONIC "LOOK-AT-US-WE'RE-CLEVER-FUCKERS" BAND NAME> AND WE ARE ABOVE THE SCENE WHICH BIRTHED US HURRHURRR WE ARE SOMETHING NEW AND ORIGINAL
and then you play nothing but fucking breakdown laden deathcore with all the tropes of the genre totally fucking intact and as cliché as ever.

Get the fuck out man and stop ruining music.

What you said above doesn't mean anything. I can mix on a Neve and I never went to Full Sail.

Aye, knowledge for these things is transferable anyway, even from the cheapest of equivalents, as long as you know the principals of the equipment you need to use, it doesn't take long to figure the rest out - couple of minutes with the manual.

Money spent means nothing about ability in this job, it's handy to have nice gear but if you've ever spent five minutes browsing this forum then it becomes apparent that many of the users can produce professional sounding results with hardly any costly equipment at all.

Engineering is not a something you throw money at and hope for the best, it's some thing you throw time, effort and perseverance at and get as good as you can get. :loco:

Lol @ Gareth, I CANNAE KEEP AH STRAIH FAEC. :lol:

I don't think my cuntness was unwarranted here. Someone comes on here and as good as shits, pisses, vomits and periods all over anyone who's never had the chance to work with a fucking Neve desk, which makes up something like, fuck, 90% of the forum, if not more and expects kindness and courtesy? Fuck that.

I await this cunts reply with glee.

Not mentioning that anyone mixing on a Neve already has an inherent advantage due to its awesome pre's and EQ's... if you have a good source it will sound fucking amazing through a Neve.

And at the same time, there are guys on here that put out mixes that sound just as good (or better) as ones recorded at big studios, and they have but a fraction invested in comparison

Haha, wow I did spell Paid wrong. that was pretty stupid on my part, haha. anyway, No I don't have a Neve console in my studio of course I was just making a direct point to Ganks comment that "he can't see justifying spending 30k on a recording education." Well I can because I got to play with some really cool stuff. And by the way I am actually currently paying my student loans with my recording business so I was just making a counter point before he put his foot in his mouth. His band actually records with me, so I found this whole thread a tad silly. You don't have to go to Full Sail to be a good engineer but it doesn't hurt. That's all. I'm always constantly learning new techniques just like all the other AE guys out there.

As far as Hearts Fall For Danny Tanner, I don't expect everyone to like us.

yeah and I told you that I thought that your recordings sounded good. If you feel confident enough in your own recordings then it would be alot cheaper to just do it yourself. But of course I was looking forward to working with you guys again. As far as everyone on this thread that got all butt hurt, I have offered all kind of recording advice to Ganks and I was even giving his band free studio time...

And by the way there are plenty of other viable studios around south GA:

Earthsound Recording
Symmetry Studios
The Levy recordings...

They are all good studios that create good products. Yet some people still choose to work with me for a variety of reasons. And i have managed to create a little business that pays my bills and my mortgage. I'm a professional. Period. And I just wanted to make my case that I am not an elitist that will only record certain types of bands. Anyone who has listened to the player on my studio myspace would know that.

People just like to talk about things that they have no clue about. This thread is remarkable proof of that. haha.

Oh come on, chill on the egos guys. No use in starting a flamefest.

Why would any person choose university or college A over college B? Or method A over method B? Because one believes that one holds benefits over the other. Bertconnell went to Full Sail and felt that it gave him a certain degree of confidence with high end gear which quite possibly requires a more complex understanding of certain concepts (compare a massive Neve console to a Behringer 8 channel mixer). He found that paying to attend a college helped him in some way and thinks that it gives him an edge. Others beg to differ and say that going to a high-end school doesn't mean shit. Hey, as long as he's happy and making a living out of it and as long as the rest are happy with their approach, all is good. I didn't find Bertconnell's threads to be pompous but just defensive since it seems he felt that his tuition is worth defending.

Yes, maybe things could have been worded differently, but things don't need to escalate.