Heaven and Hell - Sabbath's best?

Imo Heaven and Hell was a very important album for Sabbath. If things didn't work out on that album, I don't think the band would've continued. Imo Heaven & Hell gave Sabbath a new lease on life, and proved they could make great music without Ozzy (who never did much in terms of songwriting anyways). I guess it also depends on how you view the band. To me Black Sabbath has always been Tony Iommi, and whoever he decides to surround himself with. I've never been an original lineup purist, with a "Sabbath's only Ozzy, Bill, Geezer, and Tony" type of mentality.

hey aliasp send me a pm with your email addy and i'll send you the entire sabbath gig with halford if you don't already have it. i think there is 10 songs...

I prefer the Ozzy-era Sabbath over the Dio-era, but Heaven and Hell is a killer album. Though, my favourite album post-Ozzy is Headless Cross. I'm a big fan of Tony Martin, even though most Sab fans hate his albums.

Canucklehead said:
I prefer the Ozzy-era Sabbath over the Dio-era, but Heaven and Hell is a killer album. Though, my favourite album post-Ozzy is Headless Cross. I'm a big fan of Tony Martin, even though most Sab fans hate his albums.

I like the Tony Martin albums!! Cross Purposes has some good stuff on it.

Since I am bored, and in a list mood, here are my sabbath top ten

1) Paranoid
2) Black Sabbath
3) Sabatoge
4) Master of Reality
5) Vol. 4
6) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
7) Dehumanizer
8) Mob Rules
9) Cross Purposes
10) Born Again

no, it's not as good as the first five w/Ozzy...but I think the Dio Sabbath albums are ALL excellent. Mob Rules is my fave, with Heaven & Hell and Dehumanizer following closely. I always get mad when Sabbath is mentioned on tv or in articles because the Dio era is either ignored or totally undervalued. They made some great freakin' albums with Ronnie James.

im with LuvataciousSkull on this one. Dehumanizer is the best. more like a later day DIO album than sabbath but thats what makes it great. very very similar to Strange Highways.

Originally Posted by ZeeZooZum
I like the Tony Martin albums!! Cross Purposes has some good stuff on it.

"I Witness" is one of my favourite tracks from any Sabbath album. I just wish I could find their "Cross Purposes Live" album. I haven't seen it anywhere.

"when death calls" is my fave tony martin stuff. though my fave sabbath album of all time is "volume 4". it's the first one i remember hearing because an older cousin was totally into that album.

Here's how I rank my favourite Sabbath albums:

1. Heaven & Hell
2. Mob Rules
3. Born Again
4. Sabotage
5. Vol. 4

I prefer both Dio and Ian Gillan to Ozzy as a singer, and I love the albums they did with BS the most! :headbang: