Heaven & Hell/Megadeth

I missed the show but here a review from the San Jose Show....

shit, almost forgot to post my review here if I didn't look at this thread. anyways, stick and post time.

BLACK SABBATH
Megadeth
Machine Head
San Jose
HP Pavilion
April 24, 2007

First of all, thanx to Tony Perry & Betty for the ride down to the Tank ("without whom....etc.") First I was informed by kingsideburns that MACHINE HEAD would go on at 6:45pm instead of the scheduled 7:00pm (so'kay, we missed 'em anyways because Tony was delayed.) When getting there, first we had to get in line like the rest of the cattle, next we had to be subjected to the ridiculous procedure of having our ticket stubs punched and having medical wrist bands put on our wrists to indicate that we were on the main floor.

The next frustrating moment was trying to find access to the main floor while hearing that MEGADETH was already on stage. As we found the door, you first had to show your ticket and wrist band then when you got down the steps you had to repeat the same procedure to enter the floor. When we got there, MEGA-Staine was on "Hangar 18." From what I got from the partial performance, it was the same usual selections MEGADETH played during the Gigantour show in Oakland last year. Always fun hearing "Holy Wars" and "Tornado Of Souls," but it would be nice once in a while to hear an oddity like "Black Friday" and "Skull Beneath The Skin" to change things up, but regardless, it was decent performance from Mustaine and the Drover brothers (despite the sound mix being muddy.)

MEGADETH set-list (partial)
Hangar 18
Washington Your Next (new)
Tornado Of Souls
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells (But Who's Buying?)
---------
encore:
Holy Wars (Punishment Due)

Next up were the headliners BLACK SABBATH. Forget all this HEAVEN & HELL re-title crap, they recorded the albums as BLACK SABBATH and to me, they will always be BLACK SABBATH, despite not having Ozzy on vocals. It was an elaborate castle/dungeon background setting for the Dio-era SABS with 3 video murals that would display visual footage or images of past album covers.

It was an odd selection opening the show with "After All" from "Dehumanizer" after the intro of "E5150," but things picked up pace with "The Mob Rules." There weren't too many fast numbers (with the exception of the aforementioned "The Mob Rules" and "Die Young") but my only beef was wasting set list space on "Voodoo" and "Lady Evil" instead of "Turn Up The Night" and "Masters Of Insanity." Still, no one can deny the intensity of the heavier numbers like "Sign Of The Southern Cross" and "Children Of The Sea." The masters Iommi and Butler were in top form, as was the 60's something Ronnie James Dio on vocals. When the band went into the "Live Evil" version of "Heaven And Hell," it was an odd sequence change with Dio's lyrical encounter with the angel and the devil. The highlight for me was finally seeing "Falling Off The Edge Of The World" live.

It was nice to relive my youthful days being on the floor of the San Jose Arena, but with the rules and restrictions, it was a far cry from the old days Metal arena shows used to be at the Cow Palace and the Oakland Colesium Arena.

'cuse me now while I try and locate the Nightquil

BLACK SABBATH set-list
intro: E5150
After All
The Mob Rules
Children Of The Sea
Lady Evil
I
Sign Of The Southern Cross
Voodoo ("Lonely Is The Word" - partial)
The Devil Cries/Vinnie Appice drum solo
Computerized God
Falling Off The Edge Of The World
Shadows Of The Wind
Die Young
Heaven And Hell
-------
encore:
Neon Knights

T shirts $30.00, XXl & XXXL add $5.00
Denim Jacket $125.00
and they had girl stuff, girlies,panties.
I got the Heaven & Hell cover with the tour dates on back, i regret not buying the one with the Live Evil cover.

T shirts $30.00, XXl & XXXL add $5.00
Denim Jacket $125.00
and they had girl stuff, girlies,panties.
I got the Heaven & Hell cover with the tour dates on back, i regret not buying the one with the Live Evil cover.

cool thanks!
i wish they'd put the dates on all the shirts because i'll buy one based off of the design and then feel sad later that i didn't get the one with the dates on it because i didn't like the design as much. tour shirts are usually generic looking.
-Jono-