Heavenly for PPVIII

I would want to see them only under the condition that they play some songs from "Coming from the Sky" along with newer tracks. For those who haven't heard of Heavenly, I highly *HIGHLY* recommend their first CD "Coming from the Sky".

Entrerie said:
I would want to see them only under the condition that they play some songs from "Coming from the Sky" along with newer tracks. For those who haven't heard of Heavenly, I highly *HIGHLY* recommend their first CD "Coming from the Sky".

Sign of the Winner rocked too!

Braxil said:
Sign of the Winner rocked too!

Their other CDs are good to OK, but have yet to see them top Coming from the Sky. Time Machine is the shit! I can't think of any song on any of their CDs thats not on Coming from the Sky that come even close to that level of awesomeness, which is that song. Everytime they release an album I am hopeing for a Coming from the Sky II, they don't come close, but they are not terrible either.

whats the name of the new album? is it out already?

I think the first album is too "helloween-lite" but thats just my opinion. I really liked Dust to Dust.

Either way, i think it would be awesome to see them. I was in correspondence with the guitarist way back when Dust to Dust came out and he told me that they would love to play at PP. its just a matter of I guess $$ and schedules.

The name of the new album is Virus, and its already in Japan, awesome album, but the sound of this cd its more like Gamma Ray than Helloween, i think the singer mimics alot of diferents voices, but still great work and they fit great in PP.

I found Virus to be a step back creatively, although a step forward in terms of hooks and song structure.

Sounds like they've abandoned most of the weird prog-like time changes that just weren't working for them(don't get me wrong, I like prog, but some power metal bands try to incorporate it and suck at it).

Some of the songs sound like variations of songs from Dust to Dust. Spill Blood on Fire has a similar chorus as Lust for Life. Others sound like "typical" power metal anthems.

But don't get me wrong. It's their best album yet and I can't stop playing it. The songs are just so damn catchy and powerful. This is high quality power metal.

adaher said:
I found Virus to be a step back creatively, although a step forward in terms of hooks and song structure.

Sounds like they've abandoned most of the weird prog-like time changes that just weren't working for them(don't get me wrong, I like prog, but some power metal bands try to incorporate it and suck at it).

Some of the songs sound like variations of songs from Dust to Dust. Spill Blood on Fire has a similar chorus as Lust for Life. Others sound like "typical" power metal anthems.

But don't get me wrong. It's their best album yet and I can't stop playing it. The songs are just so damn catchy and powerful. This is high quality power metal.

I agree with the step back comments, but it is catchy as hell. I wouldn't say it's their best though, Coming From the Sky and Sign of the Winner take that spot for me, but I enjoy it a lot more than Dust to Dust.

adaher said:

How's the production? The last album sounded a little thin. Specially the Vocals.

Braxil said:
I agree with the step back comments, but it is catchy as hell. I wouldn't say it's their best though, Coming From the Sky and Sign of the Winner take that spot for me, but I enjoy it a lot more than Dust to Dust.

Holycrap.. I agree with Braxil! I think this deserves a cup of coffee in honor of this momentous occasion. Cheers :kickass: