Heavy Hardcore Song

Sam Bottner

Jul 18, 2010
Chicago
Hey guys, let me know what you think of the mix (and the song if you want to!)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7071005/Habits.mp3

Guitars are Lecto and GuitarHacks impulses, bass is 2 tracks with a free plugin called CrunchDude for grit. Kick is Lasse's blended with a couple of my own and the snare is a lot of different snares, not sure where they are all from. Real overheads.

What an amazing voice ! I love it ;)

Can´t tell you anything about the sound yet, ´cause im listening with really crappy headphones !

But the singer, damn good !!

Greets ,
Track

Thanks for all the positive feedback, I'll work with the snare as soon as I'm home.

How do the vocals sound to you guys mix-wise?

By upfront, do you mean just higher in the mix? I kind of like the level how it is, but if it's something with the actual processing then maybe you could give me some tips. And yeah I think I'll try the paralleled distortion, that sounds like a good idea.

By upfront, do you mean just higher in the mix? I kind of like the level how it is, but if it's something with the actual processing then maybe you could give me some tips. And yeah I think I'll try the paralleled distortion, that sounds like a good idea.

I wanna hear that one when you've tried! Have a good taste on that one though! I didn't mean to run it too much. Just to bring more aggression out! :)

Hey guys, let me know what you think of the mix (and the song if you want to!)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7071005/Habits.mp3

Guitars are Lecto and GuitarHacks impulses, bass is 2 tracks with a free plugin called CrunchDude for grit. Kick is Lasse's blended with a couple of my own and the snare is a lot of different snares, not sure where they are all from. Real overheads.

awesome mix dude....and a cool song too! nice work!! :)

which of the guitarhacks impulses did you find worked best for you with Lecto? i'm still struggling to find an impulse better than the lolgregz one.

also, did you process the "clean" bass channel or just stick with the DI'd sound?

i used the "between" impulse in the original 3 impulses folder. the clean low end of the bass was just a lp around 500hz (cant remember exact freq but it was around here) and some 0 attack/0 release compression. drums were programmed from before but we decided we wanted real overheads so i took out all the cymbal samples and had our drummer play the cymbals to a click. not sure if i'll be doing this in the future or just straight triggering. this method is definitely pretty easy.

it sounds like ther is an over-use of a splash cymbal wher ther should be a crash. maybe even try chopping some of the start of the wav file of the cymbal that way you get a more realistic swooshing sound rathr than snappy

@metalmonster (and whoever else is wondering), this is my band, Barrier! http://www.facebook.com/BarrierHardcore

@foundations, not sure what you're talking about with the splash... I think he hit a splash once or twice in the song but that's how we wanted it.

@zer0 c00l, what could I do to glue it better? I kind of agree with you on that.

@jimstat, thanks dude!