HEINEKEN - Brewed in Holland

Thanks for the help! The one I liked definitely had a woody taste, so I'll go for that.

It was at my dad's friend's house, he made my dad and I try 2 different whiskies, and we both picked the one he thought was worse. Bah.

There are so many more stouts that are a lot better than Guiness, but damn it still rules. Had a few last night. And some Boddington's. And some Modelo. And some Sparks. And some Jagermeister. No wonder I feel so awesome today! :ill:

Erik said:
Demilich tell me about Trial of the Bow please

You know that it's 2 of the guys from diSEMBOWELMENT right?

Well.. this is my first listen, but I'm impressed. Very ambient, smooth world-ish sounding music. I'm only part way through (paused it for a phone call), but I like it so far.

I don't know what each of you likes yet, so I can't really say who I recommend it for.

i tried Boddingtons in San Francisco this summer in the hotel, and thought it was pretty crappy. I suppose the fact that it was in cans makes a difference, right?

You didn't drink straight from the can, did you? ;) Supposed to pour them shits in a glass, they got those foamy load ball things in them! DRAUGHT CAN!!!!!! :kickass:

Demilich said:
Would someone care to outline the differences in types of Whiskies for me?
The big difference between whiskey and bourbon is how it's made. Believe it or not, there are actually laws governing the production of bourbon. To call something bourbon, no additives may be used (unlike whiskey). Also, it must be aged for at least two years in charred white oak barrells.

If you're interested, check out (lots of cool info):

[size=-1]http://www.straightbourbon.com/

Zod
[/size]

Erik said:
Yeah, I knew about the d. connection, which is why I asked really. I have been intrigued for a while by the descriptions, but I never really knew much about the quality of the music... Where did you get it and what album is it?

It's the "Ornamentation" EP (first release, from shortly after diSEMBOWELMENT split up, I think). I'm just listening to the MP3s off of direct connect. It sounds good, but nothing too mindblowing, really. Check it out. If I had somewhere to host MP3s, I would. Or something.