Hellfest!

Hi there!
I'm going so I will re-meet some of you who were on the melloboat on march I guess!
I'm traveling alone from Stockholm and personally I found it cheaper to fly with Ryanair to La Rochelle from Stansted and getting to Clisson by train that flying to Nantes (when I booked the flight tickets the prices to Nantes were already high)! So for those who haven't bought the flight tickets yet, my suggestion is to try to consider also this option! I will spend 2 days in La Rochelle (doing basically nothing... just sleeping on the beach and... sleeping on the beach). After the festival I'm planning to stop in Dublin a couple of days before returning to Stockholm... So this is my plan, if anyone wants to join! Or maybe I can change my plan! It depends on what's the alternative!
Sooo, see you there...:headbang:
I CAN'T WAIT!
;)

PhantomOrchid

The Rotting Christ/Katatonia overlap is the only one really bothering me.But i`ll get to see RC at Graspop so that makes it much easier....not that there was ever any question of who I would choose.

BTW, whats everyones travel plans? I`ll be in Nantes from the 17th June. Gonna head out to Hellfest on the 19th. Anyone have any advice for hostels in Nantes?

I think we will be flying into Nantes, it seems overall to be easier. I don't think we will be there till Thursday morning tho, then will arrive at the campsite and get setup.

Does anyone have advice on tent size etc?

BTW, whats everyones travel plans? I`ll be in Nantes from the 17th June. Gonna head out to Hellfest on the 19th. Anyone have any advice for hostels in Nantes?

Come to La Rochelle with me!!! Just relaxing on the beach, taking sun and having some baths! I will spend 2 days before moving to the hellfest!
Some relaxing days before the hell begins!
:)

I don't see it explicitly mentioned anywhere on the Hellfest site, but since there is a parking area and a camping area, most likely you cannot camp next to your car right..? I know that's the case on most festivals, but still it sucks balls. On Wacken you can and it's so convenient.

everyone going should check out Alchemist on at 1500 on the Friday - they are an awesome psychedelic metal band from my city who I have seen probably more than 100 times and who always bring a great show - they may well appeal to Katatonia fans and they also don't appear to clash with any good bands either

hehe this is NOT a paid promotion at all all either ;) they are just great blokes and highly underrated - check them out www.myspace.com/alchemistau

everyone going should check out Alchemist on at 1500 on the Friday - they are an awesome psychedelic metal band from my city who I have seen probably more than 100 times and who always bring a great show - they may well appeal to Katatonia fans and they also don't appear to clash with any good bands either

hehe this is NOT a paid promotion at all all either ;) they are just great blokes and highly underrated - check them out www.myspace.com/alchemistau

I agree, and they used to rehearse at the old Finnish club where I "grew up" so they were one of the first heavy bands I heard. Though they don't really sound that heavy anymore to my old ears they are great live.

Hey,

I have two tickets to hellfest that I'm trying to sell, would anybody be interested? My friend, who was also supposed to arrange travel, pulled out and now I have no way of getting there and nobody to go with. It really sucks, the lineup is the best ever.

Anyway, anyone want the tickets? Please PM me or reply here. I'll give you them for a bit cheaper and since they're digital tickets you'll be able to download them asap.

Thanks a lot

Keep it metal

Tutin

Ah, you Europeans with your fancy rock shows and your hoity-toity ways...
Fuck am I jealous. There is NOTHING on this side of the ocean that even compares to that.
Open air shows like this just don't exist in the colonies...
Have fun you lucky bastards

Don't feel bad, it costs less for you in the East Coast USA to get there than me, 2 countries away.

I don't know if we can afford to go now, I had some major issue in May and now we have 2tickets and no transport. :(