Hellhammer drumming on new Dimmu album..

"Stormblåst" is the only great album Dimmu Borgir ever made, with "For All Tid" being simply good. Everything that came after that was of course bad. Both the albums, although "Stormblåst" in particullar, have an melancholic atmosphere that I find to be very soothing and pleasant. The hilarious lyrics of "Antikrist" doesn't hurt either! :lol:

RideForVengance said:
I'm not really paying much attention to this issue, but keep in mind, like Décadent was saying... no matter how tr00 and kvlt you are, you gotta pay the fucking bills.

What? Fuck off to making a living from music. Breaking even or making a few dollars from a studio album/tour is one thing, but making enough to live off is rediculous. You've gotta appeal to a lot of idiots to be making that much money, and we all know how that works.

I said Hellhammer works a full time job to pay his bills, so people should take that into consideration, that's all.

Melodeath said:
Yes, everyone knows only jews want money.

Only someone who still lives with his parents and has no responsibilities like mortgage, kids, car payment , credit card bills etc.. would make a stupid statement like that lol ... :loco:

Erik said:
And I have every reason to believe the new one will be utter shit, seeing as Dimmu Borgir hasn't released a single musical note of worth since about 1996. Gee, your argumentation skills sure are top notch! Keep it up!
Your argumentation skills are just as worse as hers, since all you're talking about are tastes, and we can't argue on that. Your vision is subjective, same with her.

crimsonfloyd said:
Not if you live in the woods...

then go live in the woods then you really will be "Troo" and/or "kult" like your Norse ancestors who hunted and when they took a shit used leaves but watch out for poison ivy.. i heard that isnt a pleasant experience lol ... just remember no internet or access to this site for you anymore.. :tickled:

crimsonfloyd said:
Well the style plays with now doesn't really compliment their old sound very well. Even if they do their best to make it sound like the originial it will be rather futile cuz certain intangables just can't be recreated- as well as for straight forward stuff- such as the major change in the Shagarth's vocal style...
Wait wait wait... are they only remixing it? Or are they remaking all over again?
It would make sense... remixing it wouldn't give them more royalties.

Décadent said:
What? Fuck off to making a living from music. Breaking even or making a few dollars from a studio album/tour is one thing, but making enough to live off is rediculous. You've gotta appeal to a lot of idiots to be making that much money, and we all know how that works.

I said Hellhammer works a full time job to pay his bills, so people should take that into consideration, that's all.

You keep mentioning he works a full time job but not what job.. i never read any interview where he said he does... i would think him being a session drummer for various bands and earning royalties from Mayhem as well as touring would be enough for him to pay his bills.... :err:

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
then go live in the woods then you really will be "Troo" and/or "kult" like your Norse ancestors who hunted and when they took a shit used leaves but watch out for poison ivy.. i heard that isnt a pleasant experience lol ... just remember no internet or access to this site for you anymore.. :tickled:

Wow... my dry sarcasm is so much funnier then your clich'ed and abrupt 3rd grade humor.

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
You keep mentioning he works a full time job but not what job.. i never read any interview where he said he does... i would think him being a session drummer for various bands and earning royalties from Mayhem as well as touring would be enough for him to pay his bills.... :err:

He's a guard somewhere. Mostly night shifts, I believe.

Hellhammer is a studio musician, he works for a living, doing what he does better than most mainly playing drums. I love his work in mayhem, shining, arcturus, and the drumming is probably whats good about ancestor. He could play for britney spears for all I care, he is a proffesional. Fuck this purist blackmetal mentality, if your only intrested in übertrue metal, then dont push it on others. Its not a fucking inquisition, its music. Hellhammer knows how to punish drumskins.

smågoth said:
Hellhammer is a studio musician, he works for a living, doing what he does better than most mainly playing drums. I love his work in mayhem, shining, arcturus, and the drumming is probably whats good about ancestor. He could play for britney spears for all I care, he is a proffesional. Fuck this purist blackmetal mentality, if your only intrested in übertrue metal, then dont push it on others. Its not a fucking inquisition, its music. Hellhammer knows how to punish drumskins.

I HATE BLASTBEATS AND WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY YOU MORONS LOVE THEM SO DAMN MUCH!

Triggers aren't so bad and it's pretty normal to use them when recording an album... people should stop whining about it.

The only Dimmu worth a damn is puritanical. To bad Vortex did not sing more. They should have let him sing atleast 50% of the album. His vocals own