Hellhammer to drum for Dimmu Borgir

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
According to Dimmu Borgirs management, Hellhammer(Axel von Blomberg) will be the session drummer on the next album which could be the rerecording of STORMBLAST. Frost and Hellhammer are the best black metal drummers in my book, they are both fast as hell and highly skilled.

THIS IS TAKEN FROM SILENOZ POST ON THE DIMMU WEBSITE "To get this rumor bullshit out of the way, we confirm that mercenary Hellhammer will be doing the drums for us as a session member on the next album.
And that's that.
S And for those stupid cunts who then don't seem to know the difference between a new album and a re-recorded one, I only say this once; Hellhammer will be playing on the NEW album.
S"

I will be interested to hear the re-recording of stormblast since it's such a contrast to what they're doing today - why they chose hellhammer to fill the drum position is kinda odd

Though their motives behind re-recording Stormblast are absolutely filthy, I will probably give this a listen just to see what it sounds like with totally polished production :loco:

Marksveld said:
Though their motives behind re-recording Stormblast are absolutely filthy, I will probably give this a listen just to see what it sounds like with totally polished production :loco:

What is filthy about wanting to be able to own the songs you wrote? To write an album of songs and not get paid for them is just plain wrong. What's wrong with getting what they deserve?

mjollnir1965 said:
What is filthy about wanting to be able to own the songs you wrote? To write an album of songs and not get paid for them is just plain wrong. What's wrong with getting what they deserve?

Look, of course everyone should get what they deserve. I just think it's a little bit ridiculous that they are going to touch their only fantastic album and go through the entire (and extremely lengthy) re-recording and re-releasing process just to get royalties on it.. do you really think that they need it?

they have to fullfill some contract obligation so they are forced to re-record stormblast, the last thing I read is that they aren't enthusiastic about doing it, I don't blame em. I don't want stormblast to sound like their past couple of albums, that would be really bad!

insidethefall said:
I will be interested to hear the re-recording of stormblast since it's such a contrast to what they're doing today - why they chose hellhammer to fill the drum position is kinda odd

Hellhammer will be on the NEW album not Stormblast and he is only a session player for them not a Member after the album is done.. as for why HellHammer.. because he is pretty much considered the best Black Metal Drummer there is along with Frost... though i like Nick Barker's playing better and i think they should bring him back instead...

mjollnir1965 said:

Maybe they should of been smart about it to begin with and read the contract they signed.. with a lawyer and could of gotten their fair share of royalties when they released it back then..