Hello everyone, and... "your favourite Opeth work(s)"

Windward

Mar 28, 2009
Somewhere between here and there.
First of all, I'd like to introduce myself, as I just registered my account in this forum. I'm a male, and that's it. :) I don't know how many users use this oftenly, and I'm too lazy to check myself, for I prefer to click "next" on my random Opeth playlist, and go grab a snack right now.
Opeth is, and will probably always be, by far, my favourite band. It's just like the soundtrack of my darkest and most tranquil, mysterious dreams in absolute mystical loneliness... truly beautiful music it is.
Anyway, I'm so excited right now! I'm travelling to Mexico City tomorrow, to see these fuckers play live... :heh: I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!! And I need, oh I NEED a photo with Lars... I really hope I get to meet him this sunday, or I shall moan and suffer in grief and despair... although having previously, of course, screamed, cried and seized in an absolute catharsis after that concert. :oops:

So, to kill a couple of birds in one shot, I'd like to know you guys here, first, by knowing what your favourite Opeth album(s) and/or song(s) is/are.

As for me, well, I love every single song they've made, but if I was forced with an axe to pick a favourite album, I'd pick three: Blackwater Park, Damnation and Watershed.

Songs: Harvest, Patterns In The Ivy (both :worship:), Windowpane, Death Whispered A Lullaby, Coil, Hessian Peel and The Lotus Eater.

:kickass: <- I like that shit, lol.

Welcome dude!
I'm Jordan. This place can be really desperately shallow at times but there's a lot of good discussion with a lot of good people around. Good luck and have fun at the show tomorrow!

My favorite album would be Still Life
My favorite song would probably be The Lotus Eater or The Baying of the Hounds.

'Lo I'm Jakob, welcome to the forums!

Godhead pretty much summarized this forum.

My favorite album would be deliverance and favorite song deliverance as well :)

Even with an Axe to your head you can't pick one album...

I'll stick with Deliverance & the song Deliverance.
IMO it's still their finest

BTW who is Lars ??

deliverance really is a great album, but I don't see how anyone can pick favorites with Opeth.

if I had to choose, currently I'd say:
Album: My Arms Your Hearse
Song: A Fair Judgement (it'll change soon, I just think it's a really good song)

Hello, I'm Slaydon, not my real name but my name of choice.:cool: As you will soon find out, we are all complete whackos.:loco: My favorite albums are Still Life, Blackwater Park and Watershed. If I had to pick one it would probably be the first one. Fav songs are The Moor, Godhead's Lament, Drapery Falls, Blackwater Park and Hessian Peel.

Hello, welcome !

My favourite album would be.....actually it changes from day to day and month to month. At the moment it is GR, some another they it is SL, MAYH, BWP etc. I also like Watershed, although I don't have the album yet, I've listened to all these songs. And despite all my criticisms regarding WS, ( nevertheless I accepted that it is a very good album ) I think it is a very beautiful album. It could have been heavier though.

My favourite song would be......Epilogue as a slow-one and Masters Apprentices as a heavy-one.

Hey! My name's Garrett.

Blackwater Park & Morningrise are my favorite Opeth albums.

Some of my favorite tracks are...

The Moor
Advent
Bleak
When
Serenity Painted Death

Welcome.