Hello! New member with questions, help please!

djin112nyc

New Metal Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hey everyone! So glad I found this board! Just wanted to introduce myself briefly.. I bought State of Euphoria in 1988 (cassette! I'm an old bastard now!), I was like 9 at the time.. I still remember being in my room-listening to the cello intro then the pounding guitars, then the double time, I remember thinking holy sh*t this is so freaking heavy! Anyway I've been a fan ever since...I also started playing drums that year and just have to say Charlie is probably the MOST underrated drummer in metal ever...

Sorry for the long intro...so my questions...on Who Put This Together...the 'you fkn bum' and '... my father' (it's my father?) samples...what is that from? when I first heard it I thought Mick from Rocky, but definitely not! :p

Second...was it intentional at the end of Among The Living with the 'among' chants, they say 'I'm Hung' a few times? Am I just hearing things?

Third, did anyone in the band lose a loved one around the time Persitence was written? Death and loss seem to be in like 4 or 5 songs...

Anyway, this has been bugging me for years....thanks for any help and glad to be here!

R.I.P Jeff Hanneman
R.I.P Dimebag

was it intentional at the end of Among The Living with the 'among' chants, they say 'I'm Hung' a few times? Am I just hearing things?

:lol: That's got to be one of the greatest questions ever asked! Seriously! I don't think so, but if they in fact said 'I'm hung', that would instantly added to my famous conspiracy theory about Van Halen and Anthrax.

Welcome aboard!

Never noticed the "I'm hung" thing before. Going to have to listen a little more closely!:D

Third, did anyone in the band lose a loved one around the time Persitence was written? Death and loss seem to be in like 4 or 5 songs...

It was mentioned in the Behind The Music. I'm too lazy to rewatch it..but if my memory serves me right, it was related to the fire incident.