First Post (A few questions )

PowerMaiden

To ride the storm ...
Sep 21, 2003
Montreal
www.ironmaiden.qc.ca
First of all I'm an old Anthrax fan (first 4 records), I don't know anything about them after ''State Of Euphoria'' . ''Among The Living'' is among my best albums (a masterpiece imho !!). But the 2 first are real good too. I really love ''Medusa'' on ''Spreading The Disease''.

Like I said I pretty much stop listening to them after 1988. I know John Bush is on vox & they have a new lead guitar player.

They are coming to Montreal soon and I'm thinking about going

This are my questions:

1: Are they still into metal ?, cause with the ''I'm the Man'' they try rap, and I didn't like it. Plus they did a few more rap oriented songs (i think)

2: what are the songs I should expect them to play ?
For the songs after the 4th record can you tell me on witch they are please.

3 Does anyone have a recent setlist that I can see.

thanks a lot for your help

Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden

I say just go to the show and go with it. If you like live material, without ever having heard it, then you know it's good. It doesn't happen often, but it does. For me, I went into LOA and Deftones opening for Anthrax and came away a fan. I also went into Type O opening for Pantera without a clue, and came out a fan, so sometimes, it happens. If this guy goes and sees John Bush era Anthrax and doesn't dig it, I'd be surprised.

I am a big fan of all Anthrax!! The rap stuff is not that common. They have fun with it.

John Bush is awesome as a vocalist. I love almost every album by them although Sound of White Noise and We've Come for you All are my two faves with John Bush.

As for setlists, check the pages beyond this one to get some setlists.

Go see them. They are still very awesome!!!

I first saw them around 88 or 89 and have seen them a bunch of times since. Always a great show!!!

You should go get POT(Persistence of Time) too!! It's the album after State of Euphoria and IMHO is better than that. It's with Joey the singer on ATL, STD and Euphoria.
I think you'd like it. \nn/ :Spin:

DarbysDad said:
You should go get POT(Persistence of Time) too!! It's the album after State of Euphoria and IMHO is better than that. It's with Joey the singer on ATL, STD and Euphoria.
I think you'd like it. \nn/ :Spin:

Yeah, I saw them on that tour with Maiden on the ''No Prayer On The Road'' tour in Montreal on Jan, 15 th, 1991. But I don't remember the songs on that album (obviously it's been 12 years !!). But I loved the show, I mean ''Caught In A Mosh'' fuckin' ruled live.

Anyhow, I might end up going at the Spectrum, I really feel like it, it would help me wait until Maiden are back next year !!

Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden said:
Yeah, I saw them on that tour with Maiden on the ''No Prayer On The Road'' tour in Montreal on Jan, 15 th, 1991. But I don't remember the songs on that album (obviously it's been 12 years !!). But I loved the show, I mean ''Caught In A Mosh'' fuckin' ruled live.

Anyhow, I might end up going at the Spectrum, I really feel like it, it would help me wait until Maiden are back next year !!

Cheers !!!
PowerMaiden
I saw the same tour twice here in Long Beach. Hope you have fun at the show.

That show is a must for you, you will see how Joey was cheesy and weak compared to John singing the old songs! It's more metal than ever, I guarantee it!