How much Worship Music will survive when they tour the next album?

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
Let's face it, Anthrax has a terrible history of forgetting about their newest album after the touring for it is over.

Among and Spreading are the only albums that are always present in their setlist, and even Spreading became almost extinct in the 90's. Euphoria, Time, White Noise, Stomp, Vol 8 and WCFYA all disappeared when they toured the next album, and that just plain fucking sucks. If we forget the singer issues for now, every album and era should be present at their live shows.

Now Worship Music, their strongest album since SOWN, should IMO absolutely remain in the setlist as much as possible in the future, but I'm afraid the trend will continue. They already dropped I'm Alive for a while. I can see only Fight Em and In The End representing WM in the future.

I realize they've got to always play the Among classics, but wouldn't Caught In A Mosh, Indians and I Am The Law be enough? Not that I don't enjoy all of Among, but just to make room for more albums.

What do you think?

i think it will be well represented,this is the strongest theve been in 20 years,if they are able to get a new record out in 2 years i think the 2 albums will make upo core of setlist,they have to leave a bit of the older stuff out or they will indeed fade away,they have to look after the newer fans as well

I reckon Fight Em and Devil would be the only 2 absolute certainties to remain.

Fight Em & Worship/Earth on Hell, because that's pretty much the definitive Anthrax opener now

Fight Em & Worship/Earth on Hell, because that's pretty much the definitive Anthrax opener now

Yeah but the same could've been said about songs like Among The Living, Be All End All, Potter's Field and What Doesn't Die too. Anthrax always likes to open the show with the first song on their newest album, with the intros and all.

I'm Alive is my favorite song on the album.

IMO the only songs they absolutely have to play always are Caught In A Mosh, Indians and I am The Law. Just like Megadeth with Peace Sells, Holy Wars and Symphony. They've been playing about 17 songs on this tour, so that leaves 14. A new album usually gets 4-5 songs played live, so that leaves about 10 songs to play anything. Would love to see them really Really mix it up the next time out.

I think they will keep a couple or even a few songs from WM due to the fact that they gained many new fans from this album.

I enjoy and appreciate every song now that I've had many many listens! I kinda like Rev Screams too, even tho I skip that one every once in awhile :)

I'm Alive is a pretty boring song.

I thought this at first, but once I heard it live I grew to love it.

I'd love to see In The End become a staple, but I don't think it will. Fight 'Em and probably TDYK will become staples. Worship/Earth On Hell is the best opener I can imagine for Anthrax, and I wouldn't be disappointed if it stayed as such, but I don't expect it to. I'd really like to see them experiment with a few more WM songs live. The Constant would be AWESOME live I think, and I could see Crawl working pretty well. And even though it's probably my least favorite on the album, I think Revolution Screams could work live.

All I know is my interest in seeing this band live has dwindled significantly. I really can't stand to hear Caught in a Mosh, Indians, Got The Time and Antisocial anymore. I can barely handle I am the Law.

They completely have abandoned the Persistence of Time album which baffles the shit out of me.

It just sucks that they are always going to play the above songs no matter what tour they are on. Then will always play 3-4 new songs. So there is not much left to chose from when all is said and done

Fight Em/Devil You know will probably be the only ones.

Can't argue with the original post here though - as much as I love the classics isn't it time we got some of the other great songs this band has done.

It kills me that we might miss a whole era of Anthrax songs simply because there was a different singer at the time (Bush era stuff) but the fact they hardly play any music off (for me) their greatest album (POT) baffles me.

In My World for is probably the best song they've ever written and it deserves it place on their classic set list. Other greats like Keep it in the family, Belly of the Beast (which they have been doing of late of course).

I am sick to the teeth of Got The time and Antisocial.

How about adding these from SOE also:
Be All End All
Now It's Dark
Who Cares Wins

And I'll call it too. I would love to seem them do some Bush era stuff - yer Joey won't sing it like Bush but dammit let the man put his own stamp on those songs.

Room for One More
Nothing
Safe Home
I could go on an on...

Anyway I think it's obvious we want more from their other albums than just the same standard classics they've been doing for the past 20 years.

If they were going to mix it up Id like to see from each Joey album:

Fistful of Metal -Panic, Death from Above, Anthrax
Spreading the disease - Lone Justice, Armed and Dangerous, The Enemy
Among the Living - A Skeleton in the Closet, Imitation of Life
State of Euphoria - Make Me Laugh, Misery Loves Company
Persistence of Time - Blood, In my World
Worship Music - Earth on Hell, The Giant